News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar of someone well-decorated (Moritz Freiherr von Gall)

Just got this ribbon bar of a very well-decorated officer:

EK2, HHOX, HT, GSF3a/bX, HSH3a/bX, BMV4X, SA3a/bX, WF3a/bX, OK2 - with "Vor dem Feinde". Makes EIGHT states!

Seems to have been a General staff officer in WW1 - guess this is his upper row.

BUT I just couldn't find him... not RH/RM if my eyes are still ok.

File5643c.jpg

Edited by webr55

Ah, you bought that one, fine. I didn't remember Rick's bars but thought it has to be a first row...

May it not be navy? The style is odd - but I guess Rick made it yet threw all lists, without succes... :speechless:

Hi,

I think this is a perceft example to show the limits of an ID.

I?m absolutely sure it is a guy with a quite common name like Lehmann, M?ller or a noble one with dozens of cousins in the Army.

The awards might be all listed in the known rolls, Hohenzollern, Bayern, Sachsen, (W?rttemberg follows later), Weimar, Ernestiner, but we cannot put the info together because WHICH of the plenty Captains M?ller or Major v.B?low could it be...

Best regards

Daniel

Ahhh - I knew I had seen that combination before. So that is the RAD super hero - MAYBE in the near future I can help with the ID...

BTW, interesting that my bar is the only one with the VdF...

Edited by webr55

The awards might be all listed in the known rolls, Hohenzollern, Bayern, Sachsen, (W?rttemberg follows later), Weimar, Ernestiner, but we cannot put the info together because WHICH of the plenty Captains M?ller or Major v.B?low could it be...

Yes, but shouldn't he be in the White Falcon rolls? He is not a Sachsen-Weimar native, right - so his entry can't be missing...?

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

Yes, that is certainly the TOP for my FLAT sew-on row. The only complete two rows I have are very ROUND sew ons. I am missing a pinback lower row.

Missing the vdF Spange which has fallen off the pinback top row, but was never on the round sew on set.

Note that the round sew on complete set has a W?rttemberg long service ribbon :speechless: where the gold Turkish Liakat with up side down device is on the flat sew on lower row.

This one is maddening, but I assume like Daniel says, we've got us a No-1st-Name M?ller type person... listed INDIVIDUALLY for these, but haven't been able to combine the COMBINATION to a single person.

He was a Major during the war-- IF the GSF3aX device is the correct color. THAT TOO may be confusing things-- as with the "W?ttemberg Long Service/Turkish Liakat Gold X" :banger:

IF only we had the MEDAL bar.....

So: there is at least a pinback lower row still missing out there. :rolleyes: Find THAT-- with the Liakat device, and I will swap you the flat sew on one for it. As it is, this is the ONLY Gold Liakat device on a bar that I have. Logically, since I have FOUR rows and you have ONE...

but I do not have the money to compete at Current Market Forces.

If I drop dead, you can HAVE it-- PM me your address and I'll attach a tag to it. :ninja:

And why do I think he was an R.A.D. Super Hero?

TWO blank long service ribbons which NEVER had devices AND the Westwall Medal. :catjava: