News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Jens,

nice example. These were given out in batches to the fronts, so its very hard to give a date to the serialnumber, as it could be anytime between 1941(well probably not, let?s say 1942) and 1945, but "normally" it should be from about Mid 1945, probably in May/June/July.

Orders of Alexander Nevsky are ALLWAYS worth to research, as this was an Officers-only award and it was allways awarded to Commanders, who distinguished themselves. If you decide to research them, let me know and i give you a contact.

Again, nice example, thanks for sharing :beer:

all the best,

Gerd

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately,

the prices for the Order of Alexander Nevski reaches the sky.

I remember :( the times when you got a Nevski T3 for 300 Marks (150 Euro?s)

I also own a T3 Nevski which I bought about 10 months ago. I've had it authenticated and researched. This is the highest Order I will own for the obvious reason that the other Orders are way out of my league. Too bad I didn't start collecting when I was on mission in the Balkans 5 years ago. Oh well hindsight is....

Alfred,

Is it possible to see large scans of the Nevsky on suspension? Front and Back?

I don't think I like the ring.

Rusty.

Hello Rusty,

here is a better pic. I bought this one around 1994.

The ring is fixed to the tip of the background Star.

regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Guest Rick Research

Totally fake or "retrofitted" from an early screwback to a phony suspension type?

I got distracted into uniforms years ago when ALL the early suspension Orders were already dangerous and never got into them at all. The sight of DOZENS of early suspension OPWs being offering by individual dealers at shows put me RIGHT off any of these so what I know = 0.

Should the strangely dark and heavy marking in the deepest (and most sheltered part) of the reverse be a clue of Unnatural Practices? Is the suspension itself from something else-- say an early OPW2 slaughtered to make this up, or totally bogus?

Rick,

The suspension looks fake except for the screwplate.

Ring was added and it's wrong size.

The order itself may be a put togehter...

I would need to hold in in my hands to be able to tell more.

It's very difficult to explain based only on pictures. I mean you look at the order and you know something is not right, you take a few more looks and see small things...

Rusty.

Gentlemen,

Perhaps I have something which might, at least, offer a comparison for discussion. What follows are pictures of Major Matevy Savelievich Pinsky which show him wearing his Nevsky as a screwback piece circa late 1945. along with a close up of the first photo which shows the ring for the suspension on the badge still in place. These are followed by pictures of his actual award as it is today in the suspension (type 1) form. This piece, #1150.

This is a type 1, variation 2; and I should mention that evidence of the prong is more prominent than seen in the photo. Also, the eyelet is more evident in the original photo than seen here.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card