News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Badges !

Just have to show you my latest Badges!

Honor member of Sofia ( I think that?s the right translation, but if I am wrong please correct me)

There where two classes I and II my first one was a class II in the box and I thought , wow what a nice badge :jumping:

But Then this come by my way :speechless1: A First class with box and orginal award cert

A wonderful cert bounded in red Leather

I suppose theese people must have been really high appriciated in the Comunistic society?

Anyone who has some info about theese Sofia Badges?

On the Pic the box for II class to the left then the I class and the award cert

Christer

Edited by christerd

Guest Rick Research

The Titles say

Sofia

City People's Council

of Deputies for Labour

Honor Badge

and the document was issued by the Executive Committee of that Soviet.

Yes, Vladimir Abramov' Abramov.

Quite a beautiful badge. Reminds me of Spanish orgaziational awards.

:D

Thanks Rick , so its "Deputies for labour Honor Badge"

Now I have to hunt for a class II badge, my example was screwback orginal but someone changed it to pinback

so now I am looking for a orginal II class, and of course a doc would be :speechless1:

I really love the quality of theese Bulgarian awards

Christer

Edited by christerd

According to Reimers' book (which he admits is not accurate so do not panic), these came in the two classes and in two types. The castle/crown came into use in the mid 1970s. Before then the top was a rectangular type castle with a red star in the middle of it. Reimers' book shows the document of a Communist party member and long serving city clerk who got the 2nd class #992 on December 29, 1971.

Hi Ulsterman!

I have the Riemer book to and I have seen some "strange" things in it. Inspite that I think its a great book and one of the best about Bulgarian badges.

But I am think he mixed the two types up :unsure:

The one that he call the type one in the book , meaning it was made in late 1950-1960s in real life looks like it came out from a Gum machine :D While the type 2 made in 1970s and on is of High quality?

My experience is that the badges and medals/orders got lower quality during the seventies and not the other way around.

So I think that my badge 1 class number 663 is of the first type and Diemers class 2 with number 992 made in 1971 is of the second type.

I am still looking for a class 2 badge , and a doc for that ( I am looking for the screwback type) ;)

All the best from sweden

Christer

Oh I agree, there are all sorts of odd things about the book and word on the street is that Reimer was a little too dependent upon some dealers and others for information. of course he admits this, but this is the only book on the subject and one must be very careful of some of the higher end badges and royal war time badges which have been redone.

I thought yours in the "type 1" with the crown. The gum ball machine ones are type two and very clearly the castle has a less "regal" appearance-more of a blob.