News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HELP! - with a General Assault Badge!

Follow Forum professionals! ... I would deeply appreciate your opinions and insights as to the offer on the attached link:

http://www.raremilitaria.com/75assaultbadgealbum_001.htm

It is not the norm for me to ask about a particular item at a dealer website - but I have strong interest, as I currently hold a large quantity of the personal awards, and documents... to Rolf Due. However, his general assault badge was missing from the group when I purchased it. Alas... it is reportedly here. :jumping:

HOWEVER, I have absolutely no knowledge of dealing with this merchant... and I have limited knowledge of the badge itself. Based on the one reference book I hold on this award ... the "75" mounted on a plate, vice raised engraving...bothers me a bit. Then again, I have limited experience with the General Asault badge. :unsure: So, I welcome any and all comments with respect to the award, and experiences with this particular merchant.

thanks! regards, Dan

A fake as noted. Looking over the site I didn't see anything I'd drop money on. A real BS artist. The picture of the "reciptiant" appears to be wearing a GAB 25/50.

Gents... thanks for the quick responses..

(1) As "dond" noted... he appears to be wearing a 25/50 in the photo - and I am still working to confirm his highest level of award in this category. I think I have it documented...I just need to dig out of my files (I haven't finished unpacking since moving back to Virginia).

(2) As stated, I have no expertise in these badges... other than that "75" number looked REALLY bad, as the few I have seen photos of are all 'raised" engravings ...nicer quality. There have been occasions where I have chalked up soviet medals for being junk, only later to find I made a huge mistake! ...so I value your feedback and the sanity check!!

I will steer clear of this disaster!

thanks - Dan :cheers:

Okay... I did my homework... Rolf Due's final GAB award was for "25" ...not "75" ....

The seller of the dubious award we have discussed has contacted me. His name is "Ken" and he said he inherited it with a slew of other awards about 30 years ago, and has now decided to part with the award.

I shared with him that I highly recommend he remove the award from his website, or his reputation will be damaged! (...if he has one!)..

regards, Dan

I thought the clincher was the early SS-VT collar patches with the early SS cap skull and the Army panzer collar tab skulls on them. Then again, somebody will come along and think they are original and buy them.

Bob

Oh Lord stay away from that dealer. I can see honest mistakes but this is gross disregard for the truth. Consider yourself lucky to have a forum such as this to save you some big bucks. Good luck finding the award and completing your collection.