News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites,

Lately I have been quite unactive on the forum, because I didn't have to report anything interesting from my side.

I am browsing on Ebay on a regularly basis, just to see what's on the market and to keep me up-to-date with the prices....

But these kind of things really makes me very upset. A guy tries to sell a whole group which was offered on the last Thies' auction of 2007 (see enclosure), splitting it in order to maximize his profit.

Here is the link of one the item on sale on German Ebay (click on the other articles of the same seller to view the other pieces of the same group)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=001

I don't know yet, if I should bid on it... also because it doesn't look good on the monetary side for the average serious purchaser, military history enthusiast and focused collector.

Too bad, that I didn't even found being offered on the sale listing the original case where this complete group rested for so many years, surviving a World War, the cold war and many years of rampant global marketing on the net. It took just 8-9 months, after almost 65-70 years, for the group to be forever blown apart and finish very likely spread in different continents.

What a pity...

Ciao,

Claudio

I also noticed that this group remained unsold after the Thies' auction... the starting price was also quite high (Eur 900.- + 23% auction fees + postage).

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Yeah, once again the old story. It's lost, forget it. The group _will_ be blown to all winds, no chance to win all auctions. I almost knew this had to happen as it way too happens often. When it was on auction I said to a Lippe collecting friend he should buy it for exactly this reason, but the price was to high for him - and now it's lost...

:violent:

I also saw the splitting of this group.... :speechless1:

And I saw the (complete) group on the Thies auction...in my opinion the starting price was too high,

otherwise I had placed a bid on it.

But now I won?t place a bid on any of these auctions, it might be impossible to keep the belonging parts together.

...another unique group is destroyed....

Roman

Well the grouping has all been sold and I wouldn't be suprissed if this wasn't done by Thies' auction house just to get rid of the group and to make some money. Spread to all parts of the world just to try and make a profit :banger::banger:

Mike

Guest Rick Research

As a group-- a waaaaay waaaaaay over the top, this-guy-was-craaaaaaaaaaazy GROUP...

this was not only visually stunning, it was a unique panoply of male vanity.

As bits and pieces...

it's nothing. :sleep:

The seller is twice an idiot-- FIRST for greedily over valuing, then for strewing it to the winds.

Seller name please, for the Boycott List.