News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Frederick the Great is alive and well in Potsdam, Germany

Yes, it is true. Frederick the Great is alive and well and living in Potsdam, Germany! While I was getting a personal tour of Berlin and Potsdam by a fellow forum member I saw Frederick the Great and one of his guards in Sans Souci Park in Potsdam. I was so surprised that I just had to have my pictures taken with this famous man. See for youself.

My wife and I toured the place back in early 1990. Needless to say, there were no traces of FdG or any german leader for that matter. The guide back then kept complaining about damage done by the Nazi soldiers as they fled the area.

Don

The remains of Friedrich der Grosse, amongst others, are located at Burg Hohenzollern bei Hechingen, where they were interred after being rescued from the Soviets. And it was the Soviets, and later their puppets in the DDR government, who destroyed Prussia's cultural heritage and with it, Potsdam.

• 3 weeks later...