News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown 1920 document

Guest Rick Research

Mmmmmrrrrraaaaaowwwww! :catjava: Naughty Ninotchka! Theda Bara (sp? I am old but not THAT old!) made this popular as a silent cinema siren-- it's a "kiss curl."

"There was a little girl

who had a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead--

and when she was good

she was very very good

but when she was bad, she was horrid!"

(Hey, what can I say? I had the State Normal School class of 1916 as grammar school teachers and we oft had sing alongs Out Of Time. I do NOT, however, remember ALL the stanzas of "Ta Ra Ra Boom-Dee Ay" (I caught a fish today--I ate it yesterday (chorus)," which was VERY hot in about the Boer War...)

Tis indeed military--

Certificate of personal identification from the Political Department of the 15th Rifles "Inzensky" Division of the Red Army attesting that Comrade Berdychevskaya is a Bolshevik Commander in the 15th Division.

Bet she raised morale.

(makes a change from potato shaped she-troll beet harvesters! :rolleyes: )

Guest Rick Research

No first name on the pigtailed Politruk. Just her last name filled in after "Comr." :(

Doc 1 is a Mandate from the Nikolaev Committee of the Communist Party (Bolshevik) of the Ukraine (this is all in Russian, not Ukrainian) on April 25, 1919 (American style date) that the ParCom authorizes Appeal Court Member Comr. M. Dudkevich to be on the Commission for Taxation of the Bourgeoisie.

Doc 2 is naval but so faded and wrinkly it defies (yet again) the fall of darkness and one eye....

Doc 3 Attests on 3 July 3, 1923 (American style date) that Mikhail Mikhailovich KLEPIKOV holds the position of Assistant Commander of the Staff of the 143rd Rifles Regiment, 48th "Tversky" Divsion, his signature in the middle, and valid until October 3, 1923, as signed by the "Act. Comstaregiment."

She might've looked like this, back in the day.

If the braids were red and the eyes blue ... wait a minute, that's my wife!

Quite the little fashion statement, too. Spit curl, LONG braids, signature beret and jacket with a big fur collar.

Workers' paradise? Workers could do a lot worse.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

No first name on the pigtailed Politruk. Just her last name filled in after "Comr." :(

Doc 1 is a Mandate from the Nikolaev Committee of the Communist Party (Bolshevik) of the Ukraine (this is all in Russian, not Ukrainian) on April 25, 1919 (American style date) that the ParCom authorizes Appeal Court Member Comr. M. Dudkevich to be on the Commission for Taxation of the Bourgeoisie.

Doc 2 is naval but so faded and wrinkly it defies (yet again) the fall of darkness and one eye....

Doc 3 Attests on 3 July 3, 1923 (American style date) that Mikhail Mikhailovich KLEPIKOV holds the position of Assistant Commander of the Staff of the 143rd Rifles Regiment, 48th "Tversky" Divsion, his signature in the middle, and valid until October 3, 1923, as signed by the "Act. Comstaregiment."

OK, Rick, this may be :off topic: but it matters to me, so I try again. Thanks.

The "naval" document (I see the anchor too):

OK, Rick, this may be :off topic: but it matters to me, so I try again. Thanks.

The "naval" document (I see the anchor too):

Had the wife take a look....

Order #107

Team/Unit of the Red "black Sea" Fleet

May 1st 1919

The named-below military sailors were considered ready for service by the doctor and are assigned to the team for all types of duties as of the following dates:

52 SR. SL. (not sure about these abbr. yet), Midshipman Ivanov, Dmitri as of 26..........not sure....

Signed: Commander of the Team Maksimov

Political committee representative. adjutant Frederick

Confirmed by Company commander K............

My wife is asking her dad ( who was in the army, stationed at Baikonur most of the time) and I'll get back to you asap....

JC

Edited by fjcp

Guest Rick Research

Up top is a typo-- "Yekpizha" for "Yekipazh"-- because this was the navy, the word refers to "crews" rather than "teams."

The unit stamp is for the "3rd Company of Ships Crews of the Red Fleet," so the shore training establishment for recruits. In German, this would be the "Schiffstammsabteilung," where training and assignments were made to ships. I can't read the signature, but it sure doesn't look like Maksimov, which is what's typed above.

So one for three :sleep: through one is :jumping::jumping::jumping: (guess :catjava: ) and the other is certainly of historical interest.