News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

reason I ask is I have seen several of this type of award that actually bore the Juncker mark below the crown, not just the mark we usually see on backing plates. that one has been so heavily reproduced I have shied away from these for a very long time.

• 9 months later...
    stogieman said:

Oh yeah, what about the Kaiser Preis for Artillery??

Neither Kaiser- nor Artillery, but the "Königspreis für Jäger und Schützen, 1899".

post-1172-1155848226.jpeg

Enjoy this rare piece - probably rarer than any Infantery, ain't it?

post-1172-1155848442.jpeg

Edited by saschaw

Rick,

Here is a picture of the marking on the back of my Junker made 1908 infantry award. Unfortunately,

most of the original silver wash finish is gone, leaving a surface that is somewhat hard to read through

Chip

Hi Chip. Nice to see another period Juncker maker mark besides on a MSSA. Can you blow that sucker up please?

Saschaw,

Rare indeed, but the obvious question is, why is the cloth on the back and not between the badge and the backing plate, where it belongs? I would say that the triple dated infantry badges would be just as rare.

Rick,

No additional Junker mark on the "inside" of the crown. I checked my records and I bought this piece at the Stuttgart Sammlerb?rse in April of 1979. The cloth is somewhat moth eaten and you saw the flaking on the tinned backing plate. I have no doubt it is original.

Dond,

I hope you can see this better.

Chip