News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gramata group to Major V K Beev

Thought I would share this group with you. The documents are beautiful and can still be found cheaply in Ismailovsky market in Moscow, although there were less when I visited the last time compared to a couple of years ago. All are to Major V K Beev.

The first document is from December 1963.

Guest Rick Research

Hmm hmm. For his active participation in the concert of artistic performance at the Sailors Club in Severomorsk-2, Murmansk Oblast... for his active participation in the festival performance of culture in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Great October Revolution...

I wonder if he was one of THESE:

I suspect he was something to do with music or the performing arts. Given his rank he would have been pretty senior in whatever military band he lead. Does anyone know the rank of the leader of the Red Army Band since that could be a useful benchmark ?

Paul,

There isn't one Red Army ensemble, but several, although that notion seems to be lost on most of us.

Most of the ensemble leaders tend to be at the Polkovnik (Colonel) level, and a few get promoted with time.

Marc

When I went to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo two years ago (I think) the Moscow Military Conservatory performed. They were excellent! I think the director was a lieutenant-colonel. Correct me if I am wrong. I took a picture with him (posted below, minus me). He has a soviet distinguished service medal 2nd class and an academy badge, plus other stuff. The conductor had a red star, but he wasn't around when I took this.

And finally an undated document but most likely from the 1970s.

This one was awarded to Beev Viktor Kuzmin for a Victory Day 9th May because the good communist educational work with the youths.

Edited by Noor

I know, the problem is it does not say the year in which it was awarded. I suspect it is from the 70s.

Yes, I messed up... reading russian "den6"... I was start thinking english ten-10th victory day... so, I messed up.

They are really nice ones!!!! :jumping: Have few as well similar ones and will post them up some moment in the future to compare. But as far I look them, they would be 60s as well I think.

Yes, I messed up... reading russian "den6"... I was start thinking english ten-10th victory day... so, I messed up.

They are really nice ones!!!! :jumping: Have few as well similar ones and will post them up some moment in the future to compare. But as far I look them, they would be 60s as well I think.

The style of the document is the same as the 1978 document. The earlier documents from the 60s have a different design. I also have another of this design document with another group which is also dated in the late 70s, hence I am confident about the period but not the exact year.

I find these are very addictive since they are so attractive to look at.

:cheers: