News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I noticed a group of documents being offered by website Der Rittmeister concerning a Hauptmann Hermann Krueger, CO of FFA 41. I haven't dealt with this dealer, and can find no information on this flyer. Can anyone shed any light on his career, or the documents in question?

I can't help with the flyer, but I have to say sometimes Der Rittmeister gets "confused" about some items and doesn't know what he's talking about. He has some very wonderful, and very expensive, items, but at least once I've found something labelled incorrectly, e-mailed him about the mistake and it was never corrected.

He had a very nice porcelain box that had Kaiser Wilhelm II's imperial cypher (not his Prussian one) on the lid surrounded by what Der Rittmeister called the "collar of the Order of the Black Eagle." Unfortunately, it was quite obviously the Garter of the British Order of the Garter (motto and all) and I e-mailed him about the mistake, but he never corrected his description of the item. :rolleyes:

I can't help with the flyer, but I have to say sometimes Der Rittmeister gets "confused" about some items and doesn't know what he's talking about. He has some very wonderful, and very expensive, items, but at least once I've found something labelled incorrectly, e-mailed him about the mistake and it was never corrected.

He had a very nice porcelain box that had Kaiser Wilhelm II's imperial cypher (not his Prussian one) on the lid surrounded by what Der Rittmeister called the "collar of the Order of the Black Eagle." Unfortunately, it was quite obviously the Garter of the British Order of the Garter (motto and all) and I e-mailed him about the mistake, but he never corrected his description of the item. :rolleyes:

Here what i have

FFA 6 __________________ - 13Apr15

EFP 4 ___________ 13Apr15 - Apr15

FFA 47 C.O. _______ Apr15 -

FEA 8 ____________ (Nov15) -

FFA 41 C.O. _______ (Dec15) - (Jun16)

KG 5/Ks 27 C.O. ____ (Aug16) - (Dec16)

Kofl 7, Grufl 9 ______ (Aug17) - (Feb18)

Schlagru A C.O. _____ 12Oct18 - EOW

When you compare the date on the documents with this date you will find some doubts about this group.

Regards

Alex

• 4 years later...

Hi

I am little interested in this Hptm Hermann Krüger.

His home unit is given as FAR 23 in one document. Apparently he was promoted überzähligen Hptm on 17.02.14.

Anyone knew when he got his Patent..?

I am also hunting his date and place of birth. Anyone out there who have solved him or have added info..??

:)

Gunnar

Gunnar,

17.02.1914 is his date of commission. "überzählig" only meant that there was not an official position within the regiment for him to be placed in. At some point, a more senior captain would be promoted or retire thereby opening a position for him. This lack of sufficent positions is why many recently promoted captains changed regiments- there simply was not room for them on the regiment's establishment.

Andy

Thanks for the clarification Andy

You learn new things everyday here. I have a Rangliste from 1918 and he is not noted there. Do you knew if he is mentioned in 1919 Rangliste which I dont have..?

Or did he went over to Landwehr or similar..?

I found an Hptm x Krüger l- WIA in a loss list for the second half of Sep 1914 as serving in Lw IR 16, maybe it could be him..?

:)

Gunnar