News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is among the smallest items in my collection. It's a luftwaffe escape compass. The pilot would have carried the compass in his flight cloting, or uniform. I haven't my ruler around at the moment, but I would say, that it's about two centimeters in diameter. It's totally devoid of any luftwaffe markings. The original box, that contained several of these compasses, had all the proper luftwaffe approval markings. Sadly, I don't have the original box. I hope that you like it.

All the best

Snoopy

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Escape compass.., can you tell me more ?

Jos.

I am sorry, for taking so long, answering your question. I have had serious computer problems. I have not seen the compass documented in any modern publications. A friend of mine has one of these compasses, and he got it directly from an unopened box. The box contained about twenty of these tiny compasses. The box had luftwaffe approval markings. Conserning it's intended use, I guess that it would be the same as the similar british escape compass, that is to hide it on your person, so that the airman could use it in the event of a future escape attempt. I belive that these compasses are quite rare. I have personally only seen two. both of them in Norway.

All the best

Snoopy