News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Top YU-items at an auction in Italy

Gentlemen,

Enzo ("Elmar Lang" at GMIC http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showuser=3114 ) organized an outstanding auction with communist items and lots for the 22nd of November 2008 in Genoa, Italy: THE RED AUCTION.

http://www.sangiorgioaste.com/eng-site/index2.asp

http://www.sangiorgioaste.com/cataloghi-online/cat_a6.html

The numerous YU-items start with #980 and you can really bid for almost everything - except the "Order of Freedom" ;) .

Starting prices and estimates a very, very moderate and the quality of the items is 1st class.

Have a look :jumping: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Regarding the catalogue - if you use the nice page-turning viewer, you have the option to save each page individually as a very large JPEG (with text and pictures). Or you can get about as much detail as you like from the online version's zoom facility, use screenshots to grab the images you want.

Hello,

I'll be happy to write in the Forum my impressions about the "Red Auction". But please allow me to have some rest, after nearly 10 hours spent standing, hammering the sale in English and/or German.

Today, I'm in my office (it's Sunday...) doing administrative things and answering to clients' questions, etc.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Hi Enzo, do you mean that some prices went so high or that some awards has been not sold?

It would be interesting for all of us to know your reflection on that auction.

wlodzimierz

Mi humble opinion is, the prices for high class orders went considerably high. These pieces can be found for less money, but are becomming very rare, so such prices are no surprise. But most of 3rd classes are still easy to find in ex-yugoslav countries, usually for lower prices, so nobody really wanted to jump on them.

Let me answer this one :D ... No, groupings from one person are not common, they are scarce, especially those containing high awards.

I agree with Luka - groupings - even with lower otrders, are not common. Most of the dealers/sellers broke up these groupings and sold items separately :banger: The same goes with documents. The only "common" combination is a cased ordermedal and the small certificate ("uverenje") which was usually stored in a case with order. Large order citations are quite rare, even for orders that were awarded in 6-digits.

But it was quite common for one person to get several orders, especially senior military officers, as can be seen on ribbon bars.

Edited by Valter