News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can this medal bar be identified?

Hi. This bar arrived yesterday and has been attributed to a Luftwaffe Officer....i was hoping we could get a name for it to see if it matched teh name i was given....i think this could be a common enough combo of awards, but lets hope the experts can narrow it down.

Best regards

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

Hmmmmm.... a jr. officer who got an HHOx and and BVOx4 and had 25+ years in service, but no Bavarian Jubilee medals and nothing else from any other states......and later was in the Luftwaffe (probably by 1940).

Maybe he's in the Reichswehr ranklists as he must have served at least a goodly portion of the 1920s in uniform to get the LS medal.

I doubt he's a Kreigsmarine transfer.

Let's see.....

Hi Pierce,

Very nice medal bar indeed! Congrats! :cheers:

The MVO4x looks to be a Jakob Leser piece... very nice with Golden medallion cypher and a very nice translucent blue enamel. What's the maker marks on the HHOX?

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

I already know the background on this from earlier chats with Pierce, so I'll recuse myself. Lovely bar. :beer:

I already know the background on this from earlier chats with Pierce, so I'll recuse myself. Lovely bar. :beer:

Hi Rick!

Can you confirm that it belongs to who i was told? i.e. Gen.Maj. Heinrich Seywald? Is it a possible combo for any other officer? Can you post his biography etc?

Kind regards

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

Hi Pierce,

Very nice medal bar indeed! Congrats! :cheers:

The MVO4x looks to be a Jakob Leser piece... very nice with Golden medallion cypher and a very nice translucent blue enamel. What's the maker marks on the HHOX?

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

I will have a look a the maker tonight, can't remember of hand what it is.

Best regards

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

Guest Rick Research

He fits... but I can't CONFIRM him as the ONLY one. That's the problem. ??? Other awards? An "invisible" Weimar-era copper transferred over to the air force?...

Seywald's Generals biography entry shows him in his :banger: overcoat! :banger:

Might also be an as yet undetected Flak Oberst-- we're woefully incomplete on the BMV4X awards Roll until Bernd is done his labours. The published rolls for NEITHER of these Orders is anything close to complete... though Bernd's and Daniel's ongoing work will vastly improve that. Hopefuilly in 2009.... :rolleyes:

BTW have you gotten a copy of Paul C's reprint of the 1924 Reichsheer Rank List? That's the cornerstone for any Wehrmacht senior officer medal bar research and sure has been saving wear and tear on my original.

Seywald is not in the award list BMVO4x for non Bavarian?s.

ok...........is it possible that he could be on some list with these awards? I ahve seen his award list on the Axis forum, BMVO listed there.

Rick, does his Bio that you have list these awards pictured?

Thanks to you both

Pierce

Guest Rick Research

Bernd-- Seywald was Bavarian-- born in Regensburg 23 December 1894 (died there 15 September 1973). War Volunteer 10 August 1914 in Bavarian Infantry Regiment 11-- Leutnant 07.05.15 vorpatentiert 11.09.13.

The Generals/Admirals bio entries rarely list any awards and then only the top ones. As mentioned, he's wearing his overcoat :banger: in his bio portrait:

(? 1992 Karl Friedrich Hildebrand "Die Generale der deutschen Luftwaffe 1935-1945," Biblio Verlag, Osnabr?ck)

so can't see anything-- which is where having the Rank Lists is essential. You can order the perfect reprint of 1924 from Paul C right here. :rolleyes:

Thanks Rick and Werner for clearing that up! My heart was in my throat there for a while! :catjava:

Rick, does Paul's ranklist not only cover the Army up to 1924? My interest is in the Kriegsmarine Officers and their medal bars! :cheers:

Kind regards

Pierce