News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Great Patriotic War, Nr. 619577

Obtained this Order of the Great Patriotic War, Nr. 619577, with some other 1985 issue Orders in 2nd Class, and if my old eyes don't decieve me this would be a 1st Class example. I am posting it to confirm my belief that it is indeed a 1st Class and not a 2nd Class Order of the Great Patriotic War. Gentlemen, your feedback would be appreciated. . .

Edited by Bill Garvy

Thank you gentlemen. . .

I guess I got lucky obtaining this 1st Class Order in what was ostensibly a batch of 2nd Class Orders. . .

Given the current situation at the archive, is anybody receiving any research lately? I know I'm not. . .

Edited by Bill Garvy

Thank you gentlemen. . .

I guess I got lucky obtaining this 1st Class Order in what was ostensibly a batch of 2nd Class Orders. . .

Given the current situation at the archive, is anybody receiving any research lately? I know I'm not. . .

Research is dead, dead, dead. I was told (by phone) that "a package was on the way", but who knows what it was/will be. :banger:

It is said (close quotes) that the research staff changeover is resolved (mostly). We shall see . . . .

Research is dead, dead, dead. I was told (by phone) that "a package was on the way", but who knows what it was/will be. :banger:

It is said (close quotes) that the research staff changeover is resolved (mostly). We shall see . . . .

Hello All

I am a bit out of the loop on this can someone explain why we can't research these is it a temporary problem or permanent?

I got a few of the 2 nd class ones from Bill and would be interested in researching them one day.

thanks

Steiner

With staffing cuts at the archives (as everywhere?), the "inside" contacts have turned over and new relationships have had to be forged. Moody archival superiors have apparently also played a role in this. Also, The Researcher has been distracted by other activities (such as life).

Rumors of the death of research, the closing of the archives, that Putin is really a space alien are untrue (except, perhaps, the last one).

Rumors and assertions of other research sources (beyond the two well known ones) seem to be fantasy, though some on the forum speak confidently of other options. If true, this information will, apprently, not be shared with mere mortals.

Research for 1985 ORBs OPWs [doh!] of course remains impossible, but everything else is -- in theory -- as it has been, though MUCH slower.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Thank you Ed.

Could I ask why "Research for 1985 ORBs of course remains impossible"?

Many thanks

Steiner

Because if these jubilee pieces were ever recorded (which is debatable), they are certainly not in the central archives. Some suspect they were recorded only locally.

Correct. But, with the document, you'll at least know (1) to whom it was awarded and (2) whether it belongs in any group to which it is attributed. And that is a lot better than nothing. Otherwise, it is merely an orphaned "thing".

Edited by Ed_Haynes