News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for "Veterans & Activists" 1919-1969

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Santa Cousin left this for me this Year Without A Tree. :cheers:

6,868 awarded-- and two very odd things:

1) It ironically uses the ribbon used on Horthy regime military war awards like the Signum Laudis and Bravery Medals (not only the same design but apparently left over stocks of the ACTUAL Horthy regime ribbons :speechless1: ) and

2) It and its otherwise identical 1919-1959 predecessor were worn on the RIGHT side and not among other medals on the left. :Cat-Scratch:

Guest Rick Research

As an indication of mortality, there were 28,001 awarded of the 1959 version!

Communist-speak being what it was, not sure what qualified as an "activist"

Very nice Rick - even in Hungary these things are hard to come by. I have searched in literaly "piles" of uncased 1959 issues in search of the elusive 1969 issue. Santa must have had some elves working over-time to find this little gem. As rare as these are I would estimate a production run of about 10K with many disapearing after the "change of government"

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: You have piles of 1959s? I "need" one of those now-- obviously can't have a 1969 "naked" without a 1959! :catjava:

Somehow I wish I had the piles and sometimes I am glad that I dont. One a couple of occasions I have put my grubby fingers into shoe boxes filled with these, but after a few floaters I resolved to get only cased examples...

:Cat-Scratch: You have piles of 1959s? I "need" one of those now-- obviously can't have a 1969 "naked" without a 1959! :catjava:

Hello!

Check out ?rp?d ?rembolt or Hungarian Militaria .

They might have the medal or at least have the connections to get it for you!

I have bought stuff from these sellers before and found them both fast and good!

Cheers

P?ter N.

• 2 weeks later...

The ribbons are not exactly the same as the Horthy ones. They are different in fabric, color, and measures of the white and red stripes, too. And with time they fade in a different way the Horthy ones do.

A lot of Horthy-era collectors wish they were the same...