News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian colonel uniform

There's some insect damage, mainly on the collar. The tunic has original loops for the Bravery cross, plus loops for a ribbon bar. I thought my longest ribbon bar would fit there - but not, the place on the tunic is longer! So I put the long ribbon bar plus a 2 place ribbon bar and this quite filed the place. Not very correct combination, but just to take the photo!

The every day wear /combat/ uniforms were dark green color. And this is the winter service uniform of the same man, made of thick brown wool. Very dusty and covered with dag or cat hairs, I will show it again after cleaning and putting buttons and boards.

Yes, before the WW1 there was strong Russian and some German influence. Later the German was more. But in the mid-30's there was also Italian influence, especially in the service uniforms.

The hat looked ugly. Here it is again, after a 5 minute "restoration" :cheers: The hat cord was stuffed in the sweatband and I had a spare cockade. After all the threads and hairs are removed, the hat looks much better! Of course, the holes are still there ;)

at the threshold of the new year, could not leave it in that shape :rolleyes: Cleaned 125 kilograms of threads and hairs from it, plus some old moth traces and put buttons on it. Now looks a bit better :cheers: Of course, most of the work is still ahead - to fit it with proper boards and most of all, to try to restore the holes with pieces of the same cloth from inside the jacket. Tricky work, but I hope to get good results!

• 2 weeks later...

I like your Colonel Parade tunic and cap. I especially like the ribbon bar.

My Bulgarian Artillery Colonel's tunic. I have space for one more medal but don't have one... He'd look darn good with your ribbon bar Ted.

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Well,

I have two or three (?) Bulgarian caps that I assume to be infantry but have read that they may be suitable for Artillery as well.

These caps are field caps with green/brown bands instead of red or black.

Is this correct?

Here's an example.