News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Screwback variation

Most WW1-1920's produced crosses are about 42mm. The TR 1939 pattern and later made 1914 patterns are about 44mm. That plus the fact the the width of the arms at the edge is wider. The LDO required all crosses to be made to the same dimensions 1914 or 1939. Since this a rather one off type of screwback with a thin threaded post attached to the cross, I doubt someone could have produced a piece that the Meybauer parts would fit. I would love to see a picture of this broken down showing the markings.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Hi,

here you go.

This is somewhere out of the wives family, I got a mint WW1 era produced cross with it as well. A big medal bar was there as well, but got lost along the way (man, I would have loved that).

This is like this, right from the maker.

only markings are DRGM 653146.

The back fittings are a tad bigger than Meybauer ones and more "machine made" ala WW2 as opposed to the more "artisan" made WW1 fittings of the same style.

Best

chris

No doubt,a Meybauer! And a very special one-first I've seen......We know that Meybauer used the '14 parts also in the third Reich.In my collection is a '39 Schinkel with the early '39 pin and a 1914 frame.I can tell this because one of my '14 Meybauer pinbacks (it has left my collection..)has had the same frame.And this one here is very,very special because they used the new type of frame together with the old screwback system! I'm not collecting the 1914 LDO EKs,but this one..........well,another one at my endless wanted list! :D

Micha