News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Juncker Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge

Dave,

It's actually a second pattern badge, with more tombak showing through than normal, which is fine as long as it's not a result of over cleaning by an ambitious collector. Asking what it is worth is a tough question. THE right guy might pay a million dollars for it...which equates to about Euro 670.

K

I would very much like to see some clearer pictures of this badge.

There are some very good copies of the "B&NL" ROAG out there. Going on there pictures, I'm not seeing certain characteristics that I would like to see.

Thanks for the new pictures, K. Much better!

Always better to get more than one opinion...but mine is that this is a cast copy of an original badge.

The softness of features of the obverse could be due to wear...but, for me, the reverse tells the tale.

If compared with a textbook example (below) of a nickel silver or buntmetal ROAG by this maker, the differences in construction and finish are clear.

All original badges of this type that I've come across have the same die mark to the reverse of the wreath, something that copies do not. The rivets, although close, are not typical, and the same for the catch/hinge.

Let's see what other members think.