News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

And here is the reverse of my beauty :P .

It bears nr. 971, however the former wearer remains unknown towards me at this point (mayby one day it will be clear?)

What are the highest numbers that are encountered so far on these badges or at award documents for these ?

Cordial greetings,

• 1 year later...

Hello,

This set also belonged towards Oberleutnant S.

He was as said in the previous thread a pre-wartime glider pilot who did fly his SIlver C certificate badge. He was also one of the soldiers who was drafetr very early into the Luftwaffe to become one of the first trained Luftwaffe glider pilots.

His story is a very exciting one but is not the topic of this thread. I want to present towards you guys his large NSFK glider pilots badge with matching award document.

This superb set is the definite proof that both civil and Luftwaffe recipients did receive a numbered badge with flat pin. Up towards tehse days it is a popular believe amongst Luftwaffe collectors that the badges (large NSFK glider pilots badge) awarded towards Luftwaffe personel where without number and had a round needle.

This is the 3 Luftwaffe legacy where the complete set is recovered and ass in all previous cases the badge was awarded towards a military person and his badge was numbered.

Enjoy this rare example. The badge itself is in very good condition, only the enamel on the seagul's wings is damaged due to extensive wear.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

And the finally we have the matching set, the badge with nr. 890 and the matching award document.

Finding a matching set is a very rare opportunity.

Oberleutnant S. was trained in the war to fly:

* DFS230

* Go 242

* Me 321 (Gigant)

In the following thread you can also see the NSFK pilots badge as awarded and worn by this brave officer:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23734

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Joe,

Thank you for the comments, yes these badges are rare => the highest known number at this point is nr. 1.611.

I do not believe that much more where awarded iff we take the awardingrules into account. So a original (awarded) badge is a rare thing. And with awarded i do mean with a award number on the reverse. A article on these badges will be printed in one of the upcomming magazine's from the BDOS ( http://www.bdos.org ), so then every interested person will be able to learn about these :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

Very nice Gentlemen.

I have admired this award for sometime but never quite been brave enough to pick one up as it's well out of my field. Thanks to the help & advice from Stijn this popped through my door today...... Thanks mate :jumping:

Cheers

Don

Hello Don,

Thanks for sharing this wonderfull piece, and in excellent condition it seems. I am also confident that in the future we might be able to ID who's badge this was.

Wonderfull low number, the lowest one i have ever seen towards this date => congratulations on a excellent aquisition + treasure that badge as it is a very rare piece :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

• 3 months later...
    • 11 years later...