News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Youve got me drooling into buckets now for sure => Pavlov's dog was even small beer in accordance towards this. Simply stunning piece :love: , and the official awarded specimen also !!!

Can you post the Silver C document please?, i am working on a article on these and have a theory + you can help me to proove my theory.

Cordial greetings,

Hi Chris,

Youve got me drooling into buckets now for sure => Pavlov's dog was even small beer in accordance towards this. Simply stunning piece :love: , and the official awarded specimen also !!!

Can you post the Silver C document please?, i am working on a article on these and have a theory + you can help me to proove my theory.

Cordial greetings,

Hi,

shoot me a PM on Monday night to remind me to post these.

Best

Chris

I am not sure what is being worn here.

EK1, he does not yet have his clasp to the EK1. one of the badges must be the NSFK glider badge... and the other? I know he had a license for small aircraft, when in the Luftwaffe he had a flight book for towing gliders and he did a little flying around in it to places...

Maybe a Luftwaffe pilots badge? NSFK motor pilots badge?

any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1::speechless1: I thought MY family took crappy photographs!!!!! :speechless1::speechless1:

If I had to guess... and I am guessing: either the NSFK pilot badge with winged man up top and flying eagle headed left orrrrrrrrrrrr

the second model E-Boat Combat Badge. :rolleyes:

:speechless1:

:speechless1:

Hello,

Thank your for the additional info + pictures. This is a just wonderfull grouping to say at least and is for me almost the summum one can reach.

When looking into gliding those days and nowadays then we do see indeed that technique has evolved in a enourmous way (glider planes for beginners back then where quite simple models - like the one you show (nickname = Sch?delspalter ;), now they use all available techniques and the same training level is offcoarse much quicker reached but this does not bring the " leistung " of these old daredevils into descredit.

The same is true for the silver C award (Leistungsabzeichen im Silber), in the 1930 & early 1940's this was a very hard badge to obtain, one had to fullfill quite a few conditions to earn it. And with the planes they used that was no piece of cake for sure. The numbers do speak for themselves - between 1931 and 1942 there where only about 2.000 awarded :blush:

And yes your person was nr. 387 to receive it. When we look at the numbers of these we do see that during the early years (1931 towards 1937) the numbers do remain quite stable, from the mid 1937 towards early 1940 numbers where skyrocketing suddenly and the war did kill this hobby and the opportunity to earn the needed qualification. This badge is s study on its own (wich im bussy with and yes a list off all particiapnts will be published once :rolleyes: ) and is so unknown that you will see the most stupid catalogue prices for such raritys. And i have not yet started to talk about the large NSFK glider piltos badge :cheeky:

About the pictures. It is very unclear but iff you can date them through the awards then you are already on a good way (any idea Chris?)

I think from what i do see that your person is wearing the bullion version of the Silber C on his tunic (wich would date this picture between 1940 and mid 1942)? , iff you can give us some of the award dates (when available) then we can have clarity on this right away.

Cordial greetings, :cat:

Edited by Stijn David

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just realized we had not seen a award document that did belong towards this rare badge => here is one from the personal collection.

The person was in the military when the award was bestowed (he was a Silver C holder from 1938 serie's).

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David