News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 slavas 3th. class

I?ve never stop to ask if this is possible. 2 same class slavas in the same group...probably this is a basic answer but I, humbly, must to ask for you knowledge on the matter...

Thanks

Miguel

Short answer is no. I've never heard of it before and i believe the stucture of those awards is first awarding 3rd class, 2nd awarding 2nd class and 3rd awarding 1st class.

I must admit i'm still learning but i'm pretty confident that my understanding of glories is correct.

Cheers

Chris

It is founded by the Decree of Presidium of the Supreme body from November, 8th, 1943. In the subsequent the award Statute has been partially changed by Decrees of Presidium of the Supreme body from February, 26th and on December, 16th, 1947 and from August, 8th, 1957.

The Glory award consists of three degrees: I, II and III degrees. The higher degree of an award is I degree. Rewarding is made consistently: at first the third, then the second and, at last, the first degree.

Guest Rick Research

Nice custom painted ribbons.

I think we've seen MISTAKEN double awards of 3rd Classes before... probably mentioned in old threads (but how to FIND them again?). I seem to recall a case discussed here where it took decades to get a correct 2nd Class for a doubled 3rd.

The only way to be CERTAIN is to have both serial numbers researched.

Nice custom painted ribbons.

I think we've seen MISTAKEN double awards of 3rd Classes before... probably mentioned in old threads (but how to FIND them again?). I seem to recall a case discussed here where it took decades to get a correct 2nd Class for a doubled 3rd.

The only way to be CERTAIN is to have both serial numbers researched.

Gents,

Rick is correct. Erroneous multiple awards of the same class of the Order of Glory were not uncommon. Archival research will verify/refute this particular case.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

Rick is correct. Erroneous multiple awards of the same class of the Order of Glory were not uncommon. Archival research will verify/refute this particular case.

Regards,

slava1stclass

this is a group offered in www.ebay.de (Ruhmesorden)...I?m feeling curious about this one... :cheeky:

Thanks

regards

Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

I?ve never stop to ask if this is possible. 2 same class slavas in the same group...probably this is a basic answer but I, humbly, must to ask for you knowledge on the matter...

Thanks

Miguel

You can be sure - this decorations were collected on common bar by "sly" seller in order to make a little bit more money :D :D