News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"W?rttemberg

I did the MVO and Crown Order with swords, Frederick with swords, golden military merit medal, Merit cross with swords, Wilhelmscross with swords.

Big help came from Uwe Bretzendorfer and Werner Nickel.

W?rttemberg

WKO/MVO/WF: being published"

Are these readily available?

Edited by ccj

Hi Charles,

In the von Moser's book about Wurttemberg soldiers, we can find all the names of the officers who received the MVO and all the name of the owner of the GMMM.

Daniel works on rolls for the Crown Order and Friedrich Orders. I hope that this book will be published this year.

Christophe

Hi Charles,

In the von Moser's book about Wurttemberg soldiers, we can find all the names of the officers who received the MVO and all the name of the owner of the GMMM.

Daniel works on rolls for the Crown Order and Friedrich Orders. I hope that this book will be published this year.

Christophe

Thanks Christophe.

Do you think most Wurttemburgers wore there MMO before their HHOx if they were awarded both? One of mt bars has the HHO before the MMO but the other is opposite.

Guest Rick Research

The Research Gnomes ONLY have time in our lives for 1914-18. That is quite vast enough! But Daniel is also working on all Prussian Orders with swords or on either "Iron Cross" ribbon from AFTER 1871 to the end of the World War as an exception.

Also, I have done most of Lippe-Detmold's awards from 1816 on and Schaumburg's Honor Crosses from 1869. Seeheld is heroically labouring through Mecklenburg-Schwerin from the 1840s on--- simply because the rolls exist and were saved to be worked on together.

Peacetime awards are ONLY manageable at that sort of miniature single State level.

It has cost many thousands of National Currency Units and the labor of this decade to produce what the handful of us HAVE done. If it were cheap, or easy--

or there was ANY hope of actually "making a profit" from our labours...

there would be many many more volunteer Gnomes...

There aren't.

While FUTURE generations may regard us as the von Hessenthals and Schreibers of our generation...

the CURRENT generation isn't buying our books. :banger: Everybody wants everything for free-- as if we are simply computers with all this data entered and sitting there for every demand and make it snappy. :speechless:

Actually, continuing the research that we ARE doing--with what it COSTS us in money, time, and effort...

is absolutely pointless from the point of "reward" for our efforts.

So-- we do what we CAN... when we CAN... with what we've GOT.

Anybody who'd like to join up and start their OWN insane slave labours--- welcome aboard! :rolleyes: :cheers:

The Research Gnomes ONLY have time in our lives for 1914-18. That is quite vast enough! But Daniel is also working on all Prussian Orders with swords or on either "Iron Cross" ribbon from AFTER 1871 to the end of the World War as an exception.

Also, I have done most of Lippe-Detmold's awards from 1816 on and Schaumburg's Honor Crosses from 1869. Seeheld is heroically labouring through Mecklenburg-Schwerin from the 1840s on--- simply because the rolls exist and were saved to be worked on together.

Peacetime awards are ONLY manageable at that sort of miniature single State level.

It has cost many thousands of National Currency Units and the labor of this decade to produce what the handful of us HAVE done. If it were cheap, or easy--

or there was ANY hope of actually "making a profit" from our labours...

there would be many many more volunteer Gnomes...

There aren't.

While FUTURE generations may regard us as the von Hessenthals and Schreibers of our generation...

the CURRENT generation isn't buying our books. :banger: Everybody wants everything for free-- as if we are simply computers with all this data entered and sitting there for every demand and make it snappy. :speechless:

Actually, continuing the research that we ARE doing--with what it COSTS us in money, time, and effort...

is absolutely pointless from the point of "reward" for our efforts.

So-- we do what we CAN... when we CAN... with what we've GOT.

Anybody who'd like to join up and start their OWN insane slave labours--- welcome aboard! :rolleyes::cheers:

Let's start a fund for research. I'm sure donations would come in... I really appreciate all of the effort. I'm amazed becasue I could never have figured out the vKleist 3 place bar... :catjava: