News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This one crossed at the weekend in Ciney (Belgium) my way and I couldn?t resist.

An OGPW 1st class with MZPP Red Star and a military merit medal (possible long service).

OGPW - 151.983

REd Star - 1.845.916

Military Merit - 2.910.808

regards

Andreas

Yes you are right, there were mostly guns/daggers and equipment. There were only a few low level soviet awards (Red Star, Red Banner of Labour and a few medals) available and they were overpriced. Red Banner of Labour for 100 Euro and Red Star for 80 Euro. One vendor from the Baltic States had a few interesting genuine soviet dagger and Schaschkas, but in my oppinion very expensive. Schaschka was about 1.000 Euro and he had an navy officer dagger without catch button from 1945 for also 1.000 Euro. I didn?t ask for the price of the diplomatic dagger.

Except for one seller from Germany who quite collecting and sold parts of his collection there were only a few soviet medals. But this seller had many fakes. This group was the best he had. Nearly all his rarer awards were in my oppinion fakes.

Edited by Alfred

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you are right, there were mostly guns/daggers and equipment. There were only a few low level soviet awards (Red Star, Red Banner of Labour and a few medals) available and they were overpriced. Red Banner of Labour for 100 Euro and Red Star for 80 Euro. One vendor from the Baltic States had a few interesting genuine soviet dagger and Schaschkas, but in my oppinion very expensive. Schaschka was about 1.000 Euro and he had an navy officer dagger without catch button from 1945 for also 1.000 Euro. I didn?t ask for the price of the diplomatic dagger.

Except for one seller from Germany who quite collecting and sold parts of his collection there were only a few soviet medals. But this seller had many fakes. This group was the best he had. Nearly all his rarer awards were in my oppinion fakes.

hello, are you speaking about the young seller, on the right in the corridor between the main hall and the small small, which derserves a restaurant? This seller has 98% fakes...

Guest Rick Research

Well well... I suspect Aleksei Vladimirovich Drugov may have been an officer in the Soviet Polar Fleet.

I have a documented Red Star 730 numbers off from yours to a Polar long range bomber navigator.

Checking the posted dated serials numbers here at GMIC, there was also a MMM 225 numbers off from yours ALSO August 1945.

You've either got Polar Fleet or somebody who served against the Japanese. If you try research and nothing comes back from Podolsk, must be navy.

Thank Rick for your interesting reply. Research is ordered. Lets see what comes out.

All is possible.

OGPW 151.585 - 38. Army

OGPW 151.852 - awarded 04/1946

Red Star 1.845.186 - awawded 08/1945

MM-medal 2.910.186 - awarded 11/1944 Long Service

Looks like the MM-medal is for long service.

best regards

Andreas

------------------------------

Well well... I suspect Aleksei Vladimirovich Drugov may have been an officer in the Soviet Polar Fleet.

I have a documented Red Star 730 numbers off from yours to a Polar long range bomber navigator.

Checking the posted dated serials numbers here at GMIC, there was also a MMM 225 numbers off from yours ALSO August 1945.

You've either got Polar Fleet or somebody who served against the Japanese. If you try research and nothing comes back from Podolsk, must be navy.

Edited by Alfred

hello, are you speaking about the young seller, on the right in the corridor between the main hall and the small small, which derserves a restaurant? This seller has 98% fakes...

No, I am not speaking about the young seller.

You are right the young seller next the restaurant (2) had only fakes / copy?s. There were another stand with three seller/persons (1). A younger little man and one older person around 60 years. There I bought the group.

regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

ok! I remember this stand! A LOT of fake stuff too. I remember a nice partisan of the komsomol honour diploma, or a genuine partisan 1948 booklet... otherwise too many questionnable items... Glad to see you picked up one of the rare interesting items!

• 1 month later...

Finally research came back. I will post the rest when the documents are translated. Here are a few parts.

He was a Major in the 9th Artillery Divison.

Besides his two medals Military Merit and Victory over Germany he has two further medals (??). Not mentioned in his award card.

He was from 1936 to 1946 in the Army.

He took part in the battle of lake Hasan (see badge on his brest).

His nice picture:

Edited by Alfred