News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

"Schulterstück Oberstleutnant, feldgraue Litze, Flammenwerfer, Modell 1916, versilberter Totenkopf aufgelegt, sehr selten."

http://www.militaria...nant-M1916-D533

Now, that is pretty ridiculous. If there had been such a thing during the war (which there wasn't), it would have been on a pioneer style board, not one from the foot artillery! :speechless:

Chip

Thomas,

There were several types of orders for setting regulations. What they were called, depended on where they were emanating from. There were Vfg., Erlaß, KMs, AKOs, etc.

Chip

So, in the case of the alleged Rohr Pickelhaube, the issuing authority would have been...?

Robin, here's a flamethrower pioneer of Sturmbataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr) with an unusually dark Totenkopf badge.

Thanks, Thomas! :beer:

That photo shows clearly that not all original FW sleeve TKs conformed to the official pattern............or colour.

The TK certainly looks much darker than the usual type..........and I don't think it's just trench dirt. :lol:

Today some flamethrower and other photos were sold by a seller on ebay. Robin posted one of his photos in #219. Next photo was in another auction of this seller. Because the skull I wonder, had the photo a relation to the Flammenwerfer?

1949143d.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08

Today some flamethrower and other photos were sold by a seller on ebay. Robin posted one of his photos in #219. Next photo was in another auction of this seller. Because the skull I wonder, had the photo a relation to the Flammenwerfer?

I would say "Yes." That looks very similar to chalkboard signs made by the Garde-Reserve-Pionier-Regiment, such as this one made by men of the 7th Company. I wish I'd seen your card, Sergeant08!

Edited by Thomas W

• 2 weeks later...