News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Paramilitary Photo Album-- Feldgendarmerie???

Guest Rick Research

I am completely baffled by these uniforms. They appear from awards to be Bavarians-- but what on EARTH is the insignia on the tops of their caps? It looks like a standing lion in a wreath.

FELDPOST guys?????

The only pre-war "Klumpp" I find was a PRUSSIAN Lt dL I (Inf) in Saargem?nd-- but THIS "Kommandant" appears to be wearing Garde Landwehr Kavallerie collar...

:speechless1::speechless1: :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

It's got to be the Bavarian lion though, from the awards the NCOs (but not officer) are wearing. I just don't recognize that as a police device... baffled.

"Becker" on the left in scan #10 has something on his collar that might be a clue. I can't tell if it's the generic crowned shield of officials, or a choochoo train emblem.

Railways didn't have this style uniform that I'm aware of, either.

Totally mystified.

Hello,

Thanks for your interrest. I try to make good scans tonight. Photo is 10x15 cm. So you can imagine easily the size of each photos :speechless: . I thihnk it will be difficult but I try to do it. Don't forget I'm not en Epson guy, just a Canon guy :rolleyes:

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Here are some close up. It is very difficult to realise something good. I have bought recently a phot from Feldgendarmen in 1914. I have posted it yet. but will do it again.

here is Zimmermann

I was thinking osme form of motor transport but I'm not sure.

Klumpp is wearing a tunic similar to this one. His straps look rather flat.

Edited by ccj

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, that's what Klumpp's tunic looks like to me.

These other guys....

They are all wearing the SAME uniform--whatever it was-- with a gigantic "L" or "T" or "?" cipher on their straps. The closest I can find are civil police but the lack of collar insignia and these 2 button Swedish cuffs just don't match anything I have references on-- nor that upper cap insignia.

From the awards, while some have war merit awards, there are too many Iron Crosses for these to be mailmen. Not at all railways uniforms (and the awards would seem to rule them out too).

They've got to be SOME sort of occupation force "civil" policemen.

Baffled.