News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with foreign ribbon on Hungarian general's ribbon bar

Gents,

I need some help. This ribbon bar is on one of my 1970M Hungarian general's tunic. The marked (red arrow) ribbon is a foreign ribbon (blue with white and red stripes), which I haven't been able to identify. What kind of ribbon is it?

Regards,

Bazsi

Edited by bazsi

Thanks! I thought just the ribbon last is surely cuban.

The original owner of the uniform was maj.gen. K?ri Gy?rgy. He was the political lieut. commander of the 5th army (command of the land forces). In 1986-1990 he was the 1st secretary of MHSZ (Hungarian National Defense Association).

Regards,

Bazsi

Edited by bazsi

bazsi,

I agree with Ulsterman that it has a Cuban look about it but the ribbon itself does not appear in my chart of Cuban medals. That does not mean it isn't Cuban, just that it is not in my chart. It also does not appear on my ribbon charts for Albania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia Poland, Romania or Yugoslavia.

Regards,

Gordon

Gents,

Thanks for help! I tried to find it in all of my charts. Unfortunately, it does not appear in my chart of Chinese and Korean medals (Gasewski, Barrio). It is an interesting task to find...

Regards,

Bazsi

I would alos check the African nations. There was alot of "support" by the Hungarians (training, repair, etc... I have a funny story about an Mi8 @ the Solnok Musuem.... in that regard) durng the many regime changes in that portiaon of the world. Just another place to take a stab.

Guest Rick Research

I have exactly the same problem with ??? ribbons on some of my Soviet ribbon bars. Obviously from the former "fraternal nations" but no references for the smaller and most secretive countries. :banger: