News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rare Luftwaffe Feldgendarmerie Set

Guest Rick Research

Interesting indeed. Fairly typical of the young policemen who were reassigned to the expanding Wehrmacht rather randomly (cop to anti-aircraft was rather an abrupt transition!) but this is the first time I've seen somebody re-assigned to police

and in BOTH the army and air force! :Cat-Scratch::speechless1:

This guy had a LOT of uniforms!!!!!! :cheeky:

:cheers:

Quite an Amazing set of Documents! CONGRATS!

You laid them out so nicely & presented them in an order, which made following you man's "Transitions"

easy to understand. Thanks for Sharing this TR Treasure! ... Dave/dblmed

Quite an Amazing set of Documents! CONGRATS!

You laid them out so nicely & presented them in an order, which made following you man's "Transitions"

easy to understand. Thanks for Sharing this TR Treasure! ... Dave/dblmed

Outstanding!!! WOW! You must have some really deep connections to find such focused things.

• 2 months later...

Not only an interesting Soldbuch which we chatted about at the time Gordon, however what is also interesting to me are the pages from the Wehrpaß.

I have a Soldbuch and ancillary documents to a member of 1 Kavallerie, later 24 Panzer Division who was transferred mid 1944 to Grenadier (?) Regiment Kreta and interestingly page 11-12 and 32-33 are the only pages of the Wehrpaß that exist!!!

Obviously either something common to that Division or coincidence?!?! Of course other units did this and individuals but it is annoying that the rest of the document probably got tossed in the bin or on the fire!

/Ian

Edited by ian jewison