News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Had to have been for truly heroic action during the Firestorm bombing raids earlier that summer. I've got a group to a Reichsbank employee creditted with saving their building there and he only got a KVK2X-- though possibly that was because HIS WW1 Iron Cross was the non-combatant "white black" type.

Fantastic group for a home front hero!

Guest Rick Research

Well, he was a "carpenter" (Zimmermann) on his Hindenburg document. "Baubearbeiter" = construction ... helper of some sort. I can't figure how to translate "Bearbeiter" that doesn't sound bizarre in English-- collaborator, finisher, reviewer... apparently NOT used as a synonym for foreman, though.

Must have done work related to shoring up or knowing where to safely cut through structural woodwork-- essential knowledge for rescue work.

Interesting group Dante.

What is his occupation in the Wehrpass?

There is a big difference between a Bau-Bearbeiter (a type of civil engineer) and a Bauarbeiter (construction worker).

Guest Rick Research

My confusion on how to translate that into sensible English, exactly. The term implies some sort of "management" but NOT as a foreman, not a dipl. Ing.-- and in the mid 1930s, having been a WW1 reserve NCO-- he was a "carpenter." That doesn't sound like somebody who went to a Technical High School in his ?late 40s.

"Consultant"? Does that perhaps approach meaning best, in English?

My confusion on how to translate that into sensible English, exactly. The term implies some sort of "management" but NOT as a foreman, not a dipl. Ing.-- and in the mid 1930s, having been a WW1 reserve NCO-- he was a "carpenter." That doesn't sound like somebody who went to a Technical High School in his ?late 40s.

"Consultant"? Does that perhaps approach meaning best, in English?

Agree, Consultant or Case Worker, perhaps a form of building-code inspector

Agree, Consultant or Case Worker, perhaps a form of building-code inspector

Sorry for the delay in replying , I was in transit back to a "sandy place" here is the pass details