News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Here is my new find. I am very happy because I really like bars with some Scandinavia (Finnish) connection!!!! Also thank you very very much to Rick who helped me to "read" that bar...... so, owner probably was an Oberst level flak KM officer during WW2?

I do my best to find Finnish award roles to germans from the archives!

11901531ae7283_l.jpg

11901533301262_l.jpg

119015351aeaae_o.jpg

Hi all,

Here is my new find. I am very happy because I really like bars with some Scandinavia (Finnish) connection!!!! Also thank you very very much to Rick who helped me to "read" that bar...... so, owner probably was an Oberst level flak KM officer during WW2?

I do my best to find Finnish award roles to germans from the archives!

11901531ae7283_l.jpg

11901533301262_l.jpg

119015351aeaae_o.jpg

Very nice ribbon bar !

Theese bars is not very common , and the 1918 Freedom Cross 4th class has not been awarded in large number (I can mail you the totals if you want)

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Thanks for your answer christerdcheers.gif

I sent you a pm (I hope I understood how to send them here nowsleep.gif )

Yes, it's look like pretty rare combination and also Kiel would be a little hint here as well. Like I said - I love bars with the Finnish/Scandinavia/Baltic connections!

Here is one another bar with the Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty. This time it's looks like more some kind a army official during the WW1 (because Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe) to me or am I wrong?

Edited by Noor

• 1 month later...

Here is my today's new arrival. Home made and not so "classical" looking - that's the reason why I got it as well as an example.

But what I can't figure out now is the ribbons.

1. EK2 (very weird wrapping - just single white stripe)

2. Flanders Cross??? (missing Hindenburg Cross, so it can't be KVK. Also black is wider)

3. LS award??? Can't be KO. Same time this ribbon is pretty light blue.

4. ????? Now, what ribbon is that? Something from Austria, some Weimar award, etc?

5. Austrian award

I am confused - uhh, help please!!!!catjava.gif

• 5 weeks later...

EK2, Kyffhäuserbund, long service award, a quite German post WW1 war memorial medal and last but not least: Argonnenkreuz! I guess this is the rarest of this series consisting also of of Verdun, Somme, Champagne...