News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

it is the 1st model of the Combined Pilots and Observers Badge, 1934/1935.

An original is very rare.

Regards

Uwe

thanks speedy top

the one i have has no markings on back. it seems to have a different type of leaves on each side of the elipse and seems to be worn more on one side than the other.

i wish to seel this badge - do you know anyone who could verify its originality and perhaps recommend a value

The only known originals of this badge were made by C.E. Juncker of Berlin and should be marked to that firm. Without very good close-ups of this badge, and exact dimensions and weight, it would be impossible to verify whether or not it is real. As usual, there are terrible copies and there are very good copies. The photo provided, however, is unfortunately useless to tell anything about this piece, one way or the other.

The only known originals of this badge were made by C.E. Juncker of Berlin and should be marked to that firm. Without very good close-ups of this badge, and exact dimensions and weight, it would be impossible to verify whether or not it is real. As usual, there are terrible copies and there are very good copies. The photo provided, however, is unfortunately useless to tell anything about this piece, one way or the other.

There are indicators that versions of the “Air Crew Badge” (unmarked) were produced by firms other than Juncker in the substitute alloy for aluminium known as Elektron. Even if this be true, I must agree with Harrier regarding the badge shown. Impossible to tell, one way….

Anyway… let’s have a look at a well known picture of the “Air Crew Badge” in wear.

There are indicators that versions of the “Air Crew Badge” (unmarked) were produced by firms other than Juncker in the substitute alloy for aluminium known as Elektron.

That is very interesting and I would love to see such a badge! Thanks for the information! :beer:

Hi guys,

Knight, your badge is a poor quality cast badge in my opinion. Very soft and pitted details and the reverse hardware is very much like those found on 1957 awards, not wartime produced awards.

John, I too would be interested in seeing some of these badges that are thought to be originals, but not made by Juncker? This is such a rare badge and there was not a huge demand for these since it was replaced a year or so later with the new line of LW qualification awards in 1936.

Tom

Hi guys,

Knight, your badge is a poor quality cast badge in my opinion. Very soft and pitted details and the reverse hardware is very much like those found on 1957 awards, not wartime produced awards.

John, I too would be interested in seeing some of these badges that are thought to be originals, but not made by Juncker? This is such a rare badge and there was not a huge demand for these since it was replaced a year or so later with the new line of LW qualification awards in 1936.

Tom

Hi Tom...

I agree with you, one of the very bad fakes out there.

Regarding the production of Elektron Air Crew badges, as stated and thus far only an interesting indicator to the existence of such a badge.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19455

Hi Tom...

I agree with you, one of the very bad fakes out there.

Regarding the production of Elektron Air Crew badges, as stated and thus far only an interesting indicator to the existence of such a badge.

http://gmic.co.uk/in...showtopic=19455

thanks for your help guys,

a worthless fake. dont think i paid much for it originally, cant even remember buying it. its the only fake in my collection as far as i know

thanks for taking the time to check it out

Hi John,

Thanks for that link, very interesting. Chris mentions that there were badges found with the letter, have you ever seen pics of these badges?

I find it odd that we just happen to find a letter to go along with these "different" type of air crew badges. Its also odd that any other company would be involved in these early award productions other than Juncker, who was very well established in Berlin as their main jewler ever since World War 1!

Tom