News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal Dealers in Beijing

heusy68

Hello Gentlemen,

I will be soon for a short trip in Beijing and I would like to know if there is an area or some anitique shop with Medals & Orders,not necessary from China in Beijing ?

Please no junk shop area,I know how and how many fakes are now on market.

Thanks.

Emmanuel

Hello Gentlemen,

I will be soon for a short trip in Beijing and I would like to know if there is an area or some anitique shop with Medals & Orders,not necessary from China in Beijing ?

Please no junk shop area,I know how and how many fakes are now on market.

Thanks.

Emmanuel

Emanuel:

I wish you luck . . . . .

Richard

Emmanuel,

Try the Panjiayuan market. I went there when I was in Beijing. You can find details about its location online. For medals, look on the second floor of the large building in the center ofthe market. There are lots of antique and militaria dealers there. Most of the medals are North Korean, with scatterings of Soviet, Chinese,and Mongolian. Be warned though! This is probably the one place in the whole market (maybe even all of China) where the sellers do not like to negotiate. And many of the items are fake. I didn't buy anything when I was there because I didn't want to take a risk. You can also try the Bao Guo Si market. I don't know much about it, but one Chinese collector said they have some medals there.

Good luck!

-Alex

Edited by RedMaestro

Hello heusy68

Off course you can find genuine items in China. Let's say about one in a million. wink.gif

I have been for more than 30 years in Asia (China about 10), and I keep telling my friends; if you want to buy something genuine Chinese – find and buy it outside China. Unless one happens to know (I actually do) 2014.gif one of those grave robbers or illegal "historians". – and these guys know exactly about the value of what they find. banger.gif

Regards

Ulan

Edited by Ulan

• 1 month later...

Just back from China and I checked out bouth - Panjiayuan market and Bao Guo Si market.

Panijayuan was total crap! Almost nothing in there or just some new badges for turists.

But I found Bao Gua Si market quait interesting. It was more for a local collectors (mostly old books and coins). I was there around 3 hours and I didn't saw any turist around!

Lots of junk of course was there as well, especially awards side. Mostly North Korea stuff and again new badges what looks like are desined for selling to turists. Old China awards I didn't even start looking. They was all 100% fakes. Also I saw only around 10 Soviet awards on sale - all Jubilee medals and they asked mad money for them.

I found few pieces what I purchased but in first place dealers asked insine money! After pushing price down and when one guy even let me walk away few times after my last offer I picked up those things (aprox. I spend 10-12 eur + taxi to the market, one Tsing Tao beer and fried ricecheeky.gif )

Single Chinise ribbon bars around 50 cent per piece, three row (even don't know is it real or not) - 3 eur, cap badge 1 eur, Red Cross badge 1 eur, label for the uniform (not sure) - 1 eur, most expencive was two place North Korea ribbon bar - 3 eur but it was the piece what took most hassle and the dealer let me walk away few times, so I new finally he do not give me better deal.

Oh, and they sell there lots of plastic boxes, albums, glasses, stands, etc for a coins/medals and they prices are very good. I got one digital scale for 4 eur.

Here is my stuff from the market:

Just back from China and I checked out bouth - Panjiayuan market and Bao Guo Si market.

Panijayuan was total crap! Almost nothing in there or just some new badges for turists.

But I found Bao Gua Si market quait interesting. It was more for a local collectors (mostly old books and coins). I was there around 3 hours and I didn't saw any turist around!

Lots of junk of course was there as well, especially awards side. Mostly North Korea stuff and again new badges what looks like are desined for selling to turists. Old China awards I didn't even start looking. They was all 100% fakes. Also I saw only around 10 Soviet awards on sale - all Jubilee medals and they asked mad money for them.

I found few pieces what I purchased but in first place dealers asked insine money! After pushing price down and when one guy even let me walk away few times after my last offer I picked up those things (aprox. I spend 10-12 eur + taxi to the market, one Tsing Tao beer and fried ricecheeky.gif )

Single Chinise ribbon bars around 50 cent per piece, three row (even don't know is it real or not) - 3 eur, cap badge 1 eur, Red Cross badge 1 eur, label for the uniform (not sure) - 1 eur, most expencive was two place North Korea ribbon bar - 3 eur but it was the piece what took most hassle and the dealer let me walk away few times, so I new finally he do not give me better deal.

Oh, and they sell there lots of plastic boxes, albums, glasses, stands, etc for a coins/medals and they prices are very good. I got one digital scale for 4 eur.

Here is my stuff from the market:

東北抗日聯軍is fake,Chinise ribbon bars is real but not military exploits

Edited by usairforce