News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Lifesaving Medal

Yet another collecting focus... the 1937 Lifesaving Medal. This is a new variation(to me) that I had to have. As far as I know, there are three major variations to this medal.

Here is my new baby...

close up of the important part... If someone could provide an accurate translation, I would be greatly appreciative. It seems that the on line babblefish program sees more than one translation to a lot of the works here...

Edited by Paul Reck

Thanks Bob! As you can tell, they are my favorite TR era medal! For the sake of the pocket book(or trade resources), I hope that this is the last major variation on this medal!

However, if there are more... please let me know! :jumping:

:cheers:

Paul,

here you go:

Item: 3rd Reich Lifesavingmedal on Ribbon. Silver(content) "800" with original ribbon.

Dimensions: Width: 24,32mm Height: 28,94mm Weight: 9,42 gramms

Value: 300 Euro

The above described and below pictured Example is in my opinion a contemporary Original. Material, Quality and construction correspond to through technical literature provable Norms. Marginal tolerances are possible.

I hope, thats accurat enough.

Nice Medals, btw :beer: I now remember, you like Lifesaving-Medals. Didn?t you have other issues of LSM?s too beside this TR-issue?

best,

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Gerd,

Thank you for the translation. I can read German well enough to obtain a solid understanding to what is being stated, yet in case of a purchase I want to be 100% sure!

Here is what the online translator came up with!

"It acts with and the down shown stucco of my experts opinion described above after around a contemporary original. Material, quality and execution correspond to the technical literature provable standard course-adapted in me. Slight tolerances are possible."

I do love collecting LS medals. At the time however, TR are the only ones I have. I would like to branch out to the Imperial States soon. I have not seen any of those for sale. The ones I have seen are very high priced!

Thank you again!

Paul

Gerd,

Thank you for the translation. I can read German well enough to obtain a solid understanding to what is being stated, yet in case of a purchase I want to be 100% sure!

Here is what the online translator came up with!

"It acts with and the down shown stucco of my experts opinion described above after around a contemporary original. Material, quality and execution correspond to the technical literature provable standard course-adapted in me. Slight tolerances are possible."

I do love collecting LS medals. At the time however, TR are the only ones I have. I would like to branch out to the Imperial States soon. I have not seen any of those for sale. The ones I have seen are very high priced!

Thank you again!

Paul

You are welcome, Paul.

Yes, online translators can be funny sometimes. :lol:

Except the Prussian ones the Imperial Lifesaving Medals are very rare and pricy, so think about that twice ;)

best,

Gerd

Very nice!!! :love:

I would love to find something like that someday!!! (and an original medal case as well!).

Thank you very much for sharing it!

Gerd,

How much are the Prussian LS medals going for these days?

When you state that the LS medals from other states are pricy... How expensive is pricy?

Regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!!! :love:

I would love to find something like that someday!!! (and an original medal case as well!).

Thank you very much for sharing it!

Gerd,

How much are the Prussian LS medals going for these days?

When you state that the LS medals from other states are pricy... How expensive is pricy?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

sorry, i have missed your question. Lets take some examples:

Baden LS-Medals and Bavarian LS-Medals are VERY rare, for example. I think, i have never seen one. You can only guess, what the price would be. Hamburg-LS-Medals are at about 700-800 Dollar and some LS-Medals from other states are also in this price-range, maybe a bit higher.

These are just a few example, you have to save a while, if you want to go for all of them ;)

The Prussian LS-Medal with "Koenig" is quite rare, i would say 300-400 Dollar, the later one with "K?nig" is more common, you can get one for about 80-100 Dollar, i guess.

You should buy the Nimmergut-Cataloge, its available on ebay, best resource for German Awards, at least for Imperial. The prices are wrong, like in every other priceguide, but it shows a lot of German imperial Medals and also TR-Medals. I think, the new one is complete in color.

best,

Gerd

amazon or dealers with reference books should have

the nimmergut OEK (Orden und Ehrenziechen Katalogue).

it should be ~$50, and is vauable in that while it does

not have pictures of all awards, it does have all of

the known issues of awards listed.

it is a good tool to have around.

hope this helps.

joe

• 2 years later...