News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

What about this bar? As far I understand it's not trackable but how rare combination it is? I plan to swap it and let it go but before that I would like to be sure I do riht thing. So, what you guys can "read out" of that?unsure.gif

Edited by Noor

Guest Rick Research

A Saxon, commissioned during the First war as a Leutnant or Leutnant dR (FAM up to SAB3X), member of a uniformed NSDAP organization with "Old Fighter" status pre-1933 and yet claims to have been a career state employee. That last was sometimes made "retroactive" for nazis who had been dismissed before 1933.

Circa 1941 or so-- still the type of swords in common use before 1943, and no awards of the NSDAP award until January 1940.

The Nazi civil service cross rules out anyone in the SS-VT etc so probably a Hauptmann zV or Hauptmann dR zV called back for Wehrmacht service, but a Nazi.

Question about rarity is a good one. I assume as set like this, with WW1 Saxon duo plus NSDAP-DA plus KVK2X might be UNIQUE - but totally not traceable.

Or might there have been more with EXACTLY this combination? What do you think?

Guest Rick Research

Impossible to say because the ONLY uniformed organization of the NSDAP that we have any Dienstalterslisten for is the SS. No PL, no SA, no NSKK, no NSFK... so there is simply no way to guess how many others there COULD gave been.

There HAD to have been DALs for all those organizations...

but we have been working solely on the Imperial military forces...

and never

ever

anywhere

in the last 64 years

have DALs been found for any of these other organizations. :speechless1:

• 3 weeks later...

Here is next weird ribbon bar what had been in my collection almost from the beginning. This bar was posted up here as well but haven't figured out what is the third ribbon on itunsure.gif

PS: I would like to sell it and I like to be sure that I do not let go something what I regret later on (I miss it anywaycatjava.gif )

Edited by Noor

Here is next weird ribbon bar what had been in my collection almost from the beginning. This bar was posted up here as well but haven't figured out what is the third ribbon on itunsure.gif

PS: I would like to sell it and I like to be sure that I do not let go something what I regret later on (I miss it anywaycatjava.gif )

Hi Noor,

Great bar! :beer:

I think the 3rd ribbon is Baden Orden Berthold des Ersten - Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern .

Is that a Hamburg Hanseatic Cross on the end? If so, should that not be before the Hindenburg Cross?? :ninja:

Best regards

Matt

Guest Rick Research

No, it's the Lippe-Detmold Military Merit Medal (Nr. 1186 in Deutschland Katalog Orden & Ehrenzeichen 1800-1945), which for early WW1 was a wound medal for those who hadn't received an Iron Cross yet. It SHOULD have been returned after the normal EK2/LKr pair was earned but many recipients apparently kept it (and would have gotten a Wound Badge TOO in 1918)

I am sure this was discussed since we've had threads on that award before.

No, it's the Lippe-Detmold Military Merit Medal (Nr. 1186 in Deutschland Katalog Orden & Ehrenzeichen 1800-1945), which for early WW1 was a wound medal for those who hadn't received an Iron Cross yet. It SHOULD have been returned after the normal EK2/LKr pair was earned but many recipients apparently kept it (and would have gotten a Wound Badge TOO in 1918)

I am sure this was discussed since we've had threads on that award before.

Rick,

Does the Lippe-Detmold KVM have the red stripes on the edge of the ribbon? I found this ribbon for the above named award, but it just has the yellow stripes at the end and no red like the one on Noor's bar. Is this the right one? :unsure:

I know the Lippe-Detmold award you mentioned makes a lot more sense than the Badan award i suggested. ;)

Best regards

Matt

(attached ribbon pictures courtesy of Lukasz Gaszewski) :cheers:

Edited by M Hunter

Guest Rick Research

I suspect very often they simply used the ribbon for Baden long service awards as "close enough for gubamint work." The Detmold MVMs weren't common enough to have been in stock at dealers outside home territory.

I suspect very often they simply used the ribbon for Baden long service awards as "close enough for gubamint work." The Detmold MVMs weren't common enough to have been in stock at dealers outside home territory.

Thanks for the info Rick!! :cheers: That all stands to good sense to me! ;) The Baden long service ribbon is the same as the Berthold ribbon!

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Definitely not, whatever is to be seen on the net! Berthold order's ribbon had GOLD stripes, not yellow, using metal thread.

Saschaw, Thank you for this info! :cheers:

Noor, sorry for stealing your thread on you! :whistle:

Kind regards

Matt

No worries Matt! It's the meaning of the forum to have some active conversation here!cheers.gif And we all learn, so as well myself.

Thank you Rick to clear it out. Checking your stolen threat (yes, I know I am bad to hang around there), can I say that the owner of this bar served in II Battalionof IR55?rolleyes.gif Anyway, it's look like very weird and interesting history behind this MMM, I better keep it to my small collection.

Guest Rick Research

No. Although our Solomon found :jumping: the Detmold MVM Roll to March 1915 :cheers: the few WW1 awards on that went to NATIVES of Detmold regardless of what unit they were actually in. One was in Inf Rgt 74. Of course, there were over 2,000 more, but THOSE are individual receipts that will have to be individually handled and transcribed and not on a Roll!

Here is few more buzzles for me.

First set of two Luftwaffe - Freikorps bars set.

Even the LS devices indicate Luftwaffe, then longer bar reverse velt is blue. I understand it can be some kind a hint but can some expert confirm it please. Can it be Navy Flak, etc in this case?

PS: Please do not think I like to take some profit from them before I like to sell/trade them but I just wanted to be sure myself what I let go and do I let them go at all!

Saxony officer ribbon bar.

Nothing very blury here but my question would be - what is the number approx. as a combination of two Alebrt Orders? I presume it is common enagh.sleep.gif

Last tonight, question for bars construction expert Rick - what kind a ribbon bar plate is that because I haven't seen anything like this before. Also searching the forum don't give me any glue. Meantime reverse is stamped with the DRP? What period this kind a construction was used and is it common for some smaller area - some Anhalt maker maybe?

Rick,

Does the Lippe-Detmold KVM have the red stripes on the edge of the ribbon? I found this ribbon for the above named award, but it just has the yellow stripes at the end and no red like the one on Noor's bar. Is this the right one? :unsure:

I know the Lippe-Detmold award you mentioned makes a lot more sense than the Badan award i suggested. ;)

Best regards

Matt

(attached ribbon pictures courtesy of Lukasz Gaszewski) :cheers:

So, NO Baden Ribbon? As I'm still trying to start my Baden collection.

:beer: Doc

Two more bars to check.... I just wanted to be sure that they are good ones before I send them out.

First is the bar with Prague clasp. Passes black light test, ribbon plate is bended a little from EK2 lower corner. Pin system looks odd but the catch is stamped out (can feel it throw ribbon).