News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Caucasus Army -- Revolution Gramota -- 1921

I'm pretty sure there is a variant of this gramota in one of the Avers books, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Anyway, this is the Caucasus RKKA -- and, as stated in its text, formerly XI Army -- variant. I don't think there are many of these left. I know this is the only one I have ever come across. It is one of my best documents.

This third anniversary gramota commemorates the recipient's participation in the Revolution. It acknowledges the debt of the nation for the sacrifices that this gramota symbolizes. My Russian is rudimentary, but that's what I think it says.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I don't reply everytime you post one of your marvelous collection items, but I wanted to tell you I hugely enjoy these items and appreciate the time you invest in scanning and posting to show them to us.

Thanks

Jan

Hi Chuck,

I don't reply everytime you post one of your marvelous collection items, but I wanted to tell you I hugely enjoy these items and appreciate the time you invest in scanning and posting to show them to us.

Thanks

Jan

Hi Jan

Thank you for the kind words. I've only been a member for a month and already they've promoted me beyond the level of my abilities. Georgecl and I are hosts of the Imperial Russian forum. Be sure to visit us there. Check out George's "Pagoni" thread to see some of his truly impressive shoulder boards.

I love good documents and it seems like they are appreciated and enjoyed here at GMIC. You'll be seeing more of my things as time goes on. I have found that being retired is a very busy occupation. I don't know how I ever found any time for work. It's good to have things to do and to share.

I have received two small groups of nice collectible militaria in the last month or so and I have another one on the way. I'll have it in hand in early January. There will be some nice hardware to share and a collection of original unpublished photos of Imperial Russian and Soviet soldiers. I am really looking forward to that. I have always enjoyed pictures and I'll be posting more of them here and on the Imperial forum.

Stay in touch. This place already feels like home.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon