News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Has anyone ever seen anything as ridiculous?

Uwe,

Thanks for your comments. I have no intention of changing Ebelings ribbon bar. That is the way it was worn by him so it will remain that way.

Gentlemen,

However, I can not agree with comments that the first bar posted is a fantasy piece. There is no proof of that. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion however. Anyone who has studied German ribbon and medal bars, or those of other countries, will be aware original bars of both kinds frequently have mistakes in them. The fact that parts to make such a ribbon bar are still available is also not proof that all bars such as the first one posted are fake. That is pure supposition with no proof to support it. I have seen made up Third Reich bars with AFRICA cuff band ribbons added to them. They sell like hot cakes and these bars are obviously faked.

Thanks to all who have posted comments to this thread. I am sure we have all learned a lot from each others point of view.

Regards,

Gordon

I have certainly learnt a great deal from this post.

To be honest my knowledga of post 57 ribbons and devices is still very minimal, but prior to this thread was almost non-existant.

Although, as Gordon states, there is no proof that the first bar is total fantasy, I just have a bad feeling about it. It really looks like eBay fodder to me, with every available piece of "bling" added to squeeze the last penny out of online bidders.

I am sure however that all of the post 57 devices used are original, but the bar to me seems just too contrived to be of a collectable interest to me.

Thanks for all your interesting posts

Dan

You can place an order with the below company and get within 6 weeks any of the ribbon bars assembled, ridiculous or not, shown in this thread. There will be no way of telling the difference.

https://www.bandschnallen.de/shop/category_WK%2520II/WK-II.html?sessid=RlpYgrsU25AFip03Aw1P0aENW4ZeZ5WGoJotEWGq0H2AGWdzYBUWkJYJAuobmnTd&shop_param=cid%3D%26

https://www.bandschnallen.de/shop/page/3?shop_param=

IMO, unless you have provenance, like the Eberling bar shown, you have nothing of historical value.

Edited by Naxos

Gordon,

"I can not agree with comments that the first bar posted is a fantasy piece. There is no proof of that."

I can not agree with your comment.

It is the disputable combination, it is the missing EK 2 and it is the order of precedence. There are some bars interchangeable, e.g. the olympic medal and the long service decoration, but they are interchangeable only in a grouping, not between groupings.

Please compare my configuration with Nr. 840 in Post 16:

Uwe

• 2 months later...

Digging out this thread.

Just saw the catalog on page one, the black and white example. Pretty interesting. I noted that there was the LW Panzer Assault badge as well as the LW High seas badge.

Pretty interesting that those were '57 pieces issued for these awards. Have never seen an accepted TR period award like this. Wouldn't think it would be profitable for a manufacturer to produce these awards since there was not many who qualified for these awards.

Regards,

2dresq

Justin

Hi Justin,

first, there is no "issue" of 1957 awards.

There is only the allowance, to wear specified decorations, some of them (only Third Reich decorations) with a changed design, these pieces with a changed design are shown in the list here:

http://www.ordensmus...16Jan0857er.pdf

It is correct, that there are some decorations in the "Beilage", where it could be, that there has never been an award. That was a special "political" decision in that time, I think, out of deference for veterans organizations.

Uwe