News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a beautiful miniature chain for your viewing pleasure.

Oh my God, please show us bigger pictures!!!

It's right that I can identify a knight cross of the house order of the wendian crown from Mecklenburg-Strelitz????

regards Seeheld

Edited by seeheld

Absolutely beautiful Jeff. :love:

The chain to which the minis are attached is beautiful and quite rare as well. I wish that we

could identify the jeweler who used these chains.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Great chain!! What is the oval thing? Can we see the front and back in more detail?

regards

David

The piece at the end of the chain is the Venezuelan Order of the Liberator (or Bust of Bolivar).

I am sure such a combination would make for a easy ID. Do you know whose it was/are you willing to share more details on the wearer?

regards

David

Guest Rick Research

This is PRECISELY the sort of stunningly beautiful, obviously unique :love::love::love::love: peacetime civilian group that makes me want to weep in frustration that NOBODY is doing the dementedly labor-intensive, unrewarding, and endless slogging that the Guild Of Research Cyborgs™®© has been wasting er devoting our LIVES to for 1914-18 wartime awards. :banger:

I estimate that somebody prepared to spend 5 or 6 years transscribing every combination in the 1908/09 Orders Almanac could "easily" come up with

about a 50/50 chance of finding a group like this.

Volunteers? :whistle:

Guest Rick Research

Or... 4 or 5 individuals could each take on ONE of the Imperial German states' award rolls and start transcribing them individually for, oh, say 30 years back before the Great War.

Then compare who actually got combinations of these. Weimar (done for the war years, with Xs :whistle: ), the Ernestine states (done for the WAR years, with Xs :whistle: ), the two Schwarzburgs, the two Mecklenburgs (why hey, THOSE are being done at this moment :ninja: )... it would only cost a fortune that could never be recouped by commercial printing of the Rolls, and years of robotic effort.

Volunteers? :catjava:

Or... 4 or 5 individuals could each take on ONE of the Imperial German states' award rolls and start transcribing them individually for, oh, say 30 years back before the Great War.

Then compare who actually got combinations of these. Weimar (done for the war years, with Xs :whistle: ), the Ernestine states (done for the WAR years, with Xs :whistle: ), the two Schwarzburgs, the two Mecklenburgs (why hey, THOSE are being done at this moment :ninja: )... it would only cost a fortune that could never be recouped by commercial printing of the Rolls, and years of robotic effort.

Volunteers? :catjava:

Hi Rick

As I stated in some other threads as well, I would be happy to volunteer transcribing.....I guess my mailaddress is known around here, or PM me (I can only transcribe, not invest in the copies needed for transcription)

We did the Lübeck hansa-cross, and I am more then happy to spend time on any other given roll.

So take me up on it

regards

David

Guest Rick Research

Hoping for a quick happy ending. I checked out Willi Geile's extremely useful "Register" index of RARE awards in the 1908/09 Orders Almanac, but alas

NO holder of ANY grade Venezuelan Bolivar listed in that vanity press publication matches.

From the multiple Thuringian awards and NOTHING from Prussia/military, I'd guess more a local captain-of-industry or Kommerzienrat type than a Court functionary. Presumably a native of Weimar from pride of place given to that award. Awards indicate somebody of Regierungsrat ("Major") level if indeed a civil servant.

It is a shame NOBODY is working on the pre-1914 awards, since any individual state IS "do-able" for anyone with the money up front to acquire rolls and the time and tenacity to sit down and actually DO THE WORK. One by one and then, some year, everything that survives WILL be done.

Guest Rick Research

Could well be. Some 20th century Hof- und- Staatshandbücher from Sachsen-Weimar MIGHT help if the wearer was a Court or civil service type and not a private citizen...

but those are even harder to find than military Rank Lists.

The only HuS HB I have from Sachsen-Weimar is from... 1859! :speechless1: