News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello gents...!!

I came across this good looking Imperial german bar but I don´t understant why the war aid cross takes precendence on the red eagle ordr...

Can somebody explain this to me??

thanks to all beforehand :D

I wish you Mery christmas and a better 2010 (A Space odissey -part two-) :cheers:

Regards

Miguel

Nice "pure Prussian" non-combattant bar :beer:

Regards, Komtur.

Aw!! :jumping:

Fully understand now...Thanks gents!!! :D

Have merry christmas!!! :cheers:

Miguel

By the way, The RAO is always a civil decoration, or it could be w/s and be a war decoration???

Edited by hipnos

With swords it can be a war decoration.

Are you buying this bar? It has been for sale for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-Germany-Prussia-4-Medal-Bar-non-combat-Iron-Cross_W0QQitemZ230414855965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a5cbaf1d

By the way, The RAO is always a civil decoration, or it could be w/s and be a war decoration???

It can be a war decoration:

1.) on black ribbon with white stripes and X

2.) on white ribbon with black stripes and X

3.) on white ribbon with black stripes

Regards, Komtur.

With swords it can be a war decoration.

Are you buying this bar? It has been for sale for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-Germany-Prussia-4-Medal-Bar-non-combat-Iron-Cross_W0QQitemZ230414855965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a5cbaf1d

A "bit" expensive, but, yes, this is the bar I´m seeing...

thanks

Miguel

Regards, Komtur.

Thanks, I´ve Understand...

Regards

Miguel

A "bit" expensive, but, yes, this is the bar I´m seeing...

thanks

Miguel

Send him an offer and see if he will sell it cheaper. It has been there for a couple of months at this price. If you need help in the US let me know.

Edited by CRBeery

Regards, Komtur.

I think those awarded on black ribbon with white stripes (without swords) would qualify as "war" awards as well.

However, the question is answered.

:beer:

Komtur, that's a BE-AU-TI-FUL set!! Why no Wilhelm der Grosse Centennial medal? The bearer made it to 1897 since he has the 25 year leaves on his Ek2...

Just curious...

Who knows? But this is not the only original bar from 1897 or later I´ve seen without the Centennial medal.

Regards, Komtur.

Komtur, that's a BE-AU-TI-FUL set!! Why no Wilhelm der Grosse Centennial medal? The bearer made it to 1897 since he has the 25 year leaves on his Ek2...

Just curious...

No , not curious at all... this bar dates exactly from the years 1895-1897 because the oakleaves were given out in 1895 for the 25 year jubilee of the 1870 war !!! Centennial medal comes in 1897 , so we have the small time gap of two years when this bar must have been made....

No , not curious at all... this bar dates exactly from the years 1895-1897 because the oakleaves were given out in 1895 for the 25 year jubilee of the 1870 war !!! Centennial medal comes in 1897 , so we have the small time gap of two years when this bar must have been made....

Good point... :rolleyes:

This is the first time I've seen a Red Eagle Order on a non-combattant ribbon, absolutely awesome set!:jumping:

Hello,

the war-aid cross counts as a decoration awarded for war-service. So it was worn before any civil decoration like the RAO.

Best wishes and merry christmas

Markus

Do you know why the person would have had the War Aid Cross mounted with the reverse forward. I've seen this a few times and have always wondered why? Thanks in advance for any help in understanding this. All the best and Happy New Year! beer.gif