News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello!

The German magazine "Der Spiegel" has published several photographs taken by a crewmember of a FW189 on the Eastern Front. They are claiming that there are few telltale pictures which might help to identify the circumstances or even the unknown photographer. It seems the pictures were shot around May '42 around Charkow.

I have been astonished over and over by the knowledge that is gathered within these boards and I'd be glad if some of you could take a look at the pictures and help out on this enigma.

http://einestages.spiegel.de/static/topicalbumbackground/6041/das_raetsel_des_fliegenden_auges.html

On the slider nr. 17 is a RK Traeger, does anybody know who this guy might be?

Thanks a lot!

Patrick

These were originaly posted on another Forum I belong to by a Russian member, who at the moment is suspended for flaming and comments unbecoming, he did not reveal where he obtained the items, but, I believe he is a former member of the Soviet Air-force.

The "Der Spiegal" story mentions the members Forum user name, but, I doubt they went as far as to ask his permission if they could use his pictures before running the story.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

It is not 100% clear to me what "Der Spiegel" implies, but there might be the possibility that these photographs were from an exhibition that was supported by the Hamburger Institut für Sozialforschung in Charkow several years ago. The (coloured) original plates are to be found in Hamburg as they were bought from the widow of the photographer,, Johannes Haehle, a member of the Propaganda Kompanie.

Edited by Einbauschrank