News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Has anyone seen the Danzig medal bar on Kai Winkler's site? Is this a reverse mounted bar or is this the correct order??

Thanks.

Gary B

For those who have not seen it: It is Hindenburg Non/Com, Danzig Cross, KVK w/o X.

Precedence is certainly wrong, KVK should come first. But otherwise, it looks not bad.

Hi Don,

I could not post a link for some reason. It is listed in Winklers medal bar section. As has been noted the precedence is reversed but the medals are not slanted for wear as in a frack mount. The Danzig Cross is marked for manufacture but since they are so rare I really do not know that much about them.

Gary B

Why don't you show us a picture :(

Hi Rick,

So I take it that you do not like it? Is it the order of precedence or do you see something else?

Thanks.

Gary B

:Cat-Scratch: Reminds me of an awkward pubescent semi-date with the mutual object squashed uncomfortably between two suitors. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

As a tab-back, anybody can monkey with anything anytime.

The precedence should be KVK, then Hindenburg Cross. I honestly do not know where the Danzig Cross SHOULD be, since it falls into the catch-all of not specifically named "state" awards, but would be after the Hindenburg.

Of course we often see civil and even with Swords KVKs incorrectly mounted after the Hindenburgs in original non-regulation period groups.

But look at the RIBBON of the Danzig (about which I know nothing as to original or not) and compare that with the other two--

[attachmentid=19963]

does that LOOK like the same person sewed it up together for Customer X's custom order that afternoon? It's CRAMMED in from the front and left with a loose end exposing the plate on back...

this bar was not assembled as an original unit of all the parts currently on it.

Not before 1945 anyway.

Something was removed, the Danzig was quite crudely added in, and in order to "disguise" the fact that the ribbon can't compare with the other two, it was sandwiched into the middle to hide it.

Guest WAR LORD

Griep Hans - SS - Oberf?hrer und Oberst der Schutzpolizei

7 November 1895

Party Number 2844328 SS Number 498663

1914 Iron Cross Second Class, 1914 Iron Cross First Class, Cross of Honour 1914-18, 1914 Wound Badge Black Austro-Hungarian Commemorative War Medal Class, Danzig Cross 1st class, Danzig cross 2nd class, Danzig Police Long Service Cross in Silver, Danzig Police Long Service Cross in Gold, 1939 Iron Cross Second Class bar, 1939 Iron Cross First Class bar, War Merit Cross Second Class with Swords, War Merit Cross First Class with Swords, Eastern Peoples Medal 1st Class in silver without Swords, Eastern Peoples Medal 2nd Class in silver without Swords, Infantry Assault badge in silver, Anti Partisan War badge in silver.

Former member of Police Administration in Wuppertal. Commander Polizei regiment zbv on 1941, next to HSSPF zbv at the outbreak of Barbarossa Operation. December 1942 - August 1943: Oberstleutnant und Kommandeur Polizei-Regiment 2. October 1943 - 1 October 1944: Oberst d. Pol. und Befehlshaber der Ordungspolizei Salzburg (Wehrkreis XVIII). Der H?here SS und Polizeif?hrer ?Alpenland? (Alpine). Headquartered in Salzburg, this position encompassed Wehrkreis XVIII ( SS-Oberabschnitt ?Alpenland?) and subordinated to it was the SS und Polizeif?hrer ?Salzburg.? It covered Gaue Salzburg, K?rnten, Steiermark and Tirol-Vorarlberg. The latter Gau was transferred to H?chster SS und Polizeif?hrer ?Italien? in 1943 but remained directly under the HSSPF ?Alpenland?. The F?hrer from 24 November 1941 to 8 May 1945 was SS-Obergruppenf?hrer und Generalder Waffen-SS und Polizei Erwin R?sener. He was on leave starting in April and his position taken over by the Befehlshaber der Sipo und SD and Befehlshaber der Orpo jointly, from 1st May 1944 to 28 May 1944. SS-Brigadef?hrer und Generalmajoe der Polizei Erwin Schulz controlled Sipo and SD duties during the period while Oberst der Polizei Hans Griep, the senior Ordnungspolizei commander, took over the Ordnungspolizei in the area during that time, making them actually dual substitutes. 1944 he served as Chef d stab Korpsgruppe Von Dem Bach in Warsaw. 14 October 1944 - 8 February 1945: Oberst d. Pol. und Befehlshaber der Ordnungspolizei Den Haag. It has been stated that he was taken prisoner by the Soviets and was summarily executed for his association with anti partisan operations.

Any help with this man would be greatly appreciated. His end is very unsure. This would be wonderful to assertain.

Edited by WAR LORD

Guest WAR LORD

Rick bit of a problem, these are diferent groups. I have a number of these and was just trying to show the general field so to say. Griep is with SS Soldbuck and a fantastice range of docs. Jung is the compleat doc set, with ww 1 paybock. The bar is one from the group of other bars that I have inherited. Then I have other items in cases. I put this with recipients in my last book. By the by still want to try and build the group to the bar that you and the other Rick were so kind to help with.

Dear Warlord,

Beautiful and rare bar. Thanks for posting it.

Rick,

Thanks for your comments on the bar. I was hoping you would chime in on this piece. Although I have only been collecting bars for a short period of time I had the same concerns that you pointed out, so I have learned a few good things since joining the forum! You were one of the big reasons I came to this post and both you and Rick have helped me out several times already! Thanks!

Gary B

Rick bit of a problem, these are diferent groups. I have a number of these and was just trying to show the general field so to say. Griep is with SS Soldbuck and a fantastice range of docs. Jung is the compleat doc set, with ww 1 paybock. The bar is one from the group of other bars that I have inherited. Then I have other items in cases. I put this with recipients in my last book. By the by still want to try and build the group to the bar that you and the other Rick were so kind to help with.