News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two obscure objects for comments

could you post some circumference measurement please.

Is the eagle on the back holding a backwards swastika?

I don't know what this could be or attempting to be. (That doesn't mean too much as I am not as knowledgeable as many here.)

Regards

Justin

2dresq

Looks to me like a copy (poor one at that) of a protective case for one of the stopwatches used on Uboats to time torpedo attacks. Also could have been meant for a pocket watch. That's my best guess. If I saw one for super cheap somewhere I'd probably grab it just for a novelty to pop in with my pocket watch collection. But as far as TR... no way. They would not have put a backwards swaz, and the sub just doesn't look right either.

I could be wrong but that's my two pfennigs worth.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Dan is correct. This is a fantasy protective watch case for a pocket watch. There are a lot of these going around. Nothing even remotely like this was ever produced for KM watches. I believe that like so many other such things, they are coming from Eastern Europe. They appear regularly on EBay.

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks for the confirmation on this one. I was like 99.99999% sure but always good to get another concrete confirmation on such things.cheers.gif Also many thanks for helping out with that shoulderboard post the other day. Deeply appreciate the assistance!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Dan is correct. This is a fantasy protective watch case for a pocket watch. There are a lot of these going around. Nothing even remotely like this was ever produced for KM watches. I believe that like so many other such things, they are coming from Eastern Europe. They appear regularly on EBay.

Hello!

I agree.

All the best

Morten.

Thanks Gordon, I pretty much thought this was the story. An acquaintance of mine visited me a few days ago and left a bag with odds and ends, asking me to check it out. Although one has to give the fakers credit for their inventiveness, they haven't done much of a research. Like Dan said, backward swastika and a strange hybrid of LW-eagle. They could also have picked another sub than U-24, which was taken out of commission in 1939. At least they've used Omega watches :D

cheers

Peter

• 3 weeks later...