News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Richard,

Oberstleutnant/Oberst Hermann Busch.

Uwe

Uwe

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question however:

WW2.dk states that the position of Fliegerfuhrer Nord (West) was filled by 2 men:

Oberst Alexander Holle 12.41 - 1.3.43

Oberst Hermann Busch 1.3.43 - ?

With all 3 Flontflug-Spange documents signed by the same man and covering the period listed above for both men, can you say for sure that the signatory is indeed Hermann Busch?

All help is well received.

Regards Richard.

Richard,

the signature is definitely "Busch".

When you look in the different internet sources, you can find about Fliegerführer Nord (West) und Fliegerführer Nord (Ost) five different sources with five different time frames with several different names as commanders.

There is only one source that I trust:

http://www.wlb-stutt...rieg/lw/see.htm

Trying to solve the puzzle I found:

Fliegerführer Nord till December 1941 Oberst Holle; Fliegerfüher Nord divided into Fliegerführer Nord (Ost) and Fliegerführer Nord (West); new names since March 1944, Fliegerführer Nordmeer and Fliegerführer Eismeer.

Fliegerführer Nord (Ost) since December 1941 till June 1943 Oberst/Generalmajor Holle. For a short time in July/August 1943 Generalmajor Roth. From August 1943 to March 1944 Oberst Kühl.

Fliegerführer Nord (West) since December 1941 till March 1944 Oberstleutnant/Oberst Busch.

But I do not know if this is really correct.

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

http://www.wlb-stutt...rieg/lw/see.htm

Trying to solve the puzzle I found:

Fliegerführer Nord till December 1941 Oberst Holle; Fliegerfüher Nord divided into Fliegerführer Nord (Ost) and Fliegerführer Nord (West); new names since March 1944, Fliegerführer Nordmeer and Fliegerführer Eismeer.

Fliegerführer Nord (Ost) since December 1941 till June 1943 Oberst/Generalmajor Holle. For a short time in July/August 1943 Generalmajor Roth. From August 1943 to March 1944 Oberst Kühl.

Fliegerführer Nord (West) since December 1941 till March 1944 Oberstleutnant/Oberst Busch.

But I do not know if this is really correct.

Uwe

Uwe

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to explain the breakdown for the Fliegerfuhrer Nord, as a result I am more than happy on the identity of Busch as the signatory as a result.

Regards Richard.