News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello guys, have you seen this one on eBay? Looks like it was forgotten somewhere in the attic for whole century. I wonder what the final price would be :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-WW1-German-Bavarian-5-Medal-Bar-Estate-P-U_W0QQitemZ120546822626QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c112689e2

I like the mounting style on this bar! But what are the "pins" going through the Honor Cross and Hungarian Commemorative ribbons? Hard to tell from the pictures but i am assuming someone has stuck these through the ribbons? Maybe they are commemorative pins that are worn on a suit etc?

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

What is really interesting about that bar is that the man must have got FIRST a MVK2X with crown on the so called "Beamtenband" , the ribbon for Heimatverdienst , and later a MVO4X on the regular combattant ribbon.... very interesting !!!

I always like seeing the BMV and BMVK on a medal bar together. A preserved progression of merits he earned.

Wow, is this one in rough shape...but then again, this kind of "aging" is very hard to fake.

Anyone else notice the thicker metal border on the BMV's 6 o'clock arm reverse?

I always like seeing the BMV and BMVK on a medal bar together. A preserved progression of merits he earned.

Wow, is this one in rough shape...but then again, this kind of "aging" is very hard to fake.

Anyone else notice the thicker metal border on the BMV's 6 o'clock arm reverse?

Not until you pointed it out! What does that mean?

Could be either a protection of the most vulnerable area when the cross was worn or just a place for a maker mark and silver content mark. This piece seems to be made by Hemmerle but I saw same feature with Leser's pieces.

Just pointing it out. Not all BMVs have it. I recall once that someone wanted to use that as a "tell" denoting a fake construction. Since then others have refuted this and said it was a genuine feature on a genuine piece. The BMV on this bar would also add to the growing evidence.

Interresting and rare combination of BMV4X and BMV5bXKrB... pity the condition.

The wider border is seen on any of those that does not have golden but silver gilt medaillons, to keep them apart.