News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My TWM and Lead Toy Soldier Collection

demir

Gentlemen,

This year is the 95th anniversary of the Gallipoli/Canakkale war. The Turkish War Medal - Canakkale Madalyasi - Eiserner Halbmond - Iron Crescent - Gallipoli Star was given in this war against the invading British and French Forces.

TWM is the entry level gallantry award, ranking below the silver Liyakat Medal.

Here are the pictures of my TWM collection.

In the first picture you can see different makes of the TWM, miniatures and ribbons.

Please also note that the pine cone and the rifle bullets on the left back side of the picture are from Lone Pine/Gallipoli where one of the most severe battles took place with the ANZACs. After the landing (1915, 25th of April)

The German ribbon just behind the Turkish made medal ( in the front middle, behind it another Turkish made medal ) has blood stains on it (left corner).

On the front far left is the one (with a wreath surrounding the star) I mentioned in my earlier threads.

The second picture is my Turkish lead soldier collection.

The third picture is the KNIGHTs of the middle ages.

Hope you enjoy the collection, best wishes. :beer:

Demir Erman

Edited by demir

4. 2 Lead Flat figures (Left in front of the bullets)

The 30mm flat lead figures show Professor Dr. Ernst Gustav von Bergmann, the name giver of the medical academy of the German Federal Armed Forces in Munich, in his uniform as a highest rank Bavarian surgeon general in the year 1880.

The second figure with Ottoman hat (fez) shows Professor Dr. Manuel Julius " Pascha" Wieting, who treated the wounded ones of the Burenkrieges in Hamburg Eppendorf and later entrusts Gulhane Military Hospital in Istanbul, restructured Turkish medical corps with the line of the imperial-Ottoman institute for advanced training. He wears the peace uniform of a Turkish major general around 1910.

Edited by demir

5. tinnie (front far right)

Showing Dardanalles Strait below. top from left the pictures of Field Marshal Liman Von Sanders (Commander of the Ottoman 5th Army), Enver Paşa (Gen.)(Deputy Supreme Commander of the Ottoman Army and Minister of War), Cevad Paşa (Gen.)( in charge of the Ottoman Defence Batteries on Dardanalles)

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Recent additions to my TWM and tor soldier collection:

1. Turkish officer with flag

2. Turkish War medal original thick red paper package-envelope (bottom width 55 mm x top width 74 mm x height 68 mm)

Regards

Demir

Edited by demir