TacHel

My 2nd Empire items

I finally found myself a nice Sacristain China 1860 medal. I'll now be able to finish my French frame. Thought I'd share this pic of my 2nd Empire items going into it.

That's a beautiful set Frank! I have only seen a couple of those Sacristain China 1860 medals on different reference and auction sites and your's appears in excellent condition. Congrats!!cheers.gif

Tim

That's a beautiful set Frank! I have only seen a couple of those Sacristain China 1860 medals on different reference and auction sites and your's appears in excellent condition. Congrats!!cheers.gif

Tim

This is the first one I had ever seen up close. I was salivating profusely... The price brought me back to reality though. Then my wife looked at me, smiled and said "go for it"... I darn near fainted! I had it in my breast pocket the entire trip back refusing to pack it even in my carry on.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Damn, where's TSA when you really need them; uh, sorry sir, but that looks dangerous and we are going to have to confiscate and dispose of that item for you!ohmy.gifspeechless1.gifviolent.gif hehehe

Congrats again Frank, and it sounds like you have a great wife btw!beer.gif

Tim

Hi Frank,

Fantastic grouping.

Please be sure you post the framed set when you get it finished.

Thanks for posting tem.

Regards

Brian

Some colleagues have expressed doubt as to the China medal's authenticity due to the ball suspension. :unsure:

I scanned the maker's mark on the reverse in extra high resolution, is anybody familiar with a crab mark?

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Can you show the reverses and close ups please. : )

Guaranty mark for small articles: Crab (silver fineness of .800) silver hallmark

Silver Hallmark: Guaranty mark for small articles: Crab (silver fineness of .800)
France
1838-Present
Guaranty mark for small articles: Crab (silver fineness of .800) silver hallmark