News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My 2nd Empire items

TacHel

That's a beautiful set Frank! I have only seen a couple of those Sacristain China 1860 medals on different reference and auction sites and your's appears in excellent condition. Congrats!!cheers.gif

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

That's a beautiful set Frank! I have only seen a couple of those Sacristain China 1860 medals on different reference and auction sites and your's appears in excellent condition. Congrats!!cheers.gif

Tim

This is the first one I had ever seen up close. I was salivating profusely... The price brought me back to reality though. Then my wife looked at me, smiled and said "go for it"... I darn near fainted! I had it in my breast pocket the entire trip back refusing to pack it even in my carry on.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Damn, where's TSA when you really need them; uh, sorry sir, but that looks dangerous and we are going to have to confiscate and dispose of that item for you!ohmy.gifspeechless1.gifviolent.gif hehehe

Congrats again Frank, and it sounds like you have a great wife btw!beer.gif

Tim

• 2 years later...

Some colleagues have expressed doubt as to the China medal's authenticity due to the ball suspension. :unsure:

I scanned the maker's mark on the reverse in extra high resolution, is anybody familiar with a crab mark?

• 7 years later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    On 27/01/2020 at 11:58, gfh said:

Guaranty mark for small articles: Crab (silver fineness of .800) silver hallmark

http://hallmarkwiki.com/images/011;%20France;%201838-Present;%20Guaranty%20mark%20for%20small%20items%20%20Crab%20(fineness%20of%20.800)%20silver%20hallmark.jpg
    France
    1838-Present
    Guaranty mark for small articles: Crab (silver fineness of .800) silver hallmark

I agree The maker mark could be letters