News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

restoring colour to a picture

So you can imagine the full effect if you spent some time on it and selected the colours carefully as well as ensuring there was no overlap etc!

I love photoshop!!!

Cheers Mike

I need to find a good tutorial on how to do this. I have the software just no knowledge on how to use it.

Cheers

Chris

I need to find a good tutorial on how to do this. I have the software just no knowledge on how to use it.

Cheers

Chris

I found a good brief one on the net, will try and remember to post it tonight! It really was a simple yet brilliant tutorial, thats assuming you know some of the PS basics!

Cheers

Chris

I found a good brief one on the net, will try and remember to post it tonight! It really was a simple yet brilliant tutorial, thats assuming you know some of the PS basics!

Alex

Here is a challenge for you! Can you fix his right breast pocket so the button is fastened, I could do it with clone stamp etc but i think you know what you are doing better than I do.....

That button has always annoyed me!!!

Mike

Hi Mike, anything is possible!, I alway believe that soldiers were not always perfectly attired, hence the undone pocket,( not always noticed on a B/W image, however when studying B/W images a lot becomes clearer), it would not be a major problem to re=adjust the image if desired, to me it would however be changing the reality of the original image. Attached.

regards

Alex K

Alex

Yes lovely job! How long did that take you?

Chris - here is a good link: My link

Hi nice link. It took me about an hour to complete. I use Photoshop V4.1, and OLD piece of software (Windows 950, but it still works with XP.)

Facial features can be tricky but with some patience, lifelike features can be achieved. Its fun.

regards

another example

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Alex

Excellent stuff! Thanks for the button, its less annoying now! Maybe I should email you the original so you can do a high def image for me?

Post a pic of the 'before' pic please so I can compare BUT it looks fantastic the breastplate looks really weel done!!

Mike

Stuart - you should go to the doctors about that, that Green screen sounds nasty.....

looks more like a background replacement program than a full photo editing package but could be useful tool to have for those that want to swap around backgrounds! Never used it, anyone use it?

Mike

I just love restoring old photographs in PS.

Lot's of work though.. The hardest parts is to get the correct skin tones.

A good way is to always work in layers and paint on the different colours rather then just change the original layer.

Cheers!

Alex

Excellent stuff! Thanks for the button, its less annoying now! Maybe I should email you the original so you can do a high def image for me?

Post a pic of the 'before' pic please so I can compare BUT it looks fantastic the breastplate looks really weel done!!

Mike

Hi Mike, original attached. (Bit naughty of me but I removed the Life logo!! :whistle:

PS for those interested a similar thread here.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29730&hl=colourisation&st=0

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

• 3 weeks later...

Funny enough this thread should be here, I came here to post about this. I'm a photo editor / manipulator and colouring in images has to be my favourite. The results are so rewarding, even more so to show people. Here are a few of mine (Rest can be found at www.snayerphotos.com)

29zo1sk.jpg

209mw7q.jpg

5pe9tl.jpg

They look even better printed on glossy paper :)