News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A dupe or something meant to dupe?

Hi all. Here's one I got for not too much and I wanted to get opinions here if it's kosher or if it's one that was done to dupe collectors? The theory has been raised that it was a blank BM which was later stamped to make it appear as a duplicate. But figured I'd post here and double check just to be sure. Again not much in it so not going to jump off the water tower if this is the case but figured on the off chance it's a good one it couldn't hurt to get more opinions.

I don't have much experience with duplicates, but to me it's really strange that they used a "4" instead of a Cyrillic "д". These look a bit alike, but to me this is a very bad sign, so I think this is an original unnumbered piece that was numbered by fakers.

Thanks guys! I deeply appreciate the confirmation. I basically went into it pretty much knowing this but doing it helped to get some of the first owners $$'s back although sadly not nearly what he paid... but it was his choice as he set the price. And I feel it's something that can now help to educate others on these. Please feel free to move this down to the repro section... or if you think it better I'll be happy to do a similar posting on it down there. But I definitely would like to see this do some good. Up till now it's just been sitting in a box from what I understand... so now, if it at least saves one fellow collecting from getting one of these thinking it's original then it's definitely well worth my getting it. beer.gif

Dancheers.gif