News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A nice ribbon bar from Iraq

2xvetran

You may-be right, well at least the ribbon bar is in the hands of someone who will take care of it for many years to come hahahah. I salute you on a good deal you received.cheers.gif I was thinking of putting General Faisal's Second unused medal bar on the uniform or do you think I should leave the unuesd ribbon bar on the original display sheet??

Thank you for all your information and I am sorry for the, mix up.

Lorenzo

Tough decision on the Generals ribbon bar. It would look great on the uniform, but it would take away from the way it was presented to you as well. Maybe patience should prevail, and one day you will find another Air Force bar that is more generic? Then it would be a perfect addition to the uniform. I think that is what I might do, although it would be hard to not set up the Generals stuff. Scott.

Tough decision on the Generals ribbon bar. It would look great on the uniform, but it would take away from the way it was presented to you as well. Maybe patience should prevail, and one day you will find another Air Force bar that is more generic? Then it would be a perfect addition to the uniform. I think that is what I might do, although it would be hard to not set up the Generals stuff. Scott.

Thank you for the help Scott, well I have a year to think about it. I leave for Iraq on the 13 Sep, I will be focused there more on the Iraqi Airforce Militaria first.

Thank you my brother and great job on all your displays they look awesome;)

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Scott

That is very nice, good deal, I never saw this one listed. Man I missed out on a good deal, Scott do you have an image of the reverse?

Thank you

Lorenzo

Here is the reverse of the large ribbon bar. I would like to have the writing translated to know if it is a name or just the maker of the ribbon bar? Not sure if it will show up clear enough though... Scott.

2480482130105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the reverse of the large ribbon bar. I would like to have the writing translated to know if it is a name or just the maker of the ribbon bar? Not sure if it will show up clear enough though... Scott.

2480482130105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Very nice;)

Lorenzo

2092081140103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is another one of my Iraqi Ribbon bars, British type mounting system

-Wisam al Rafidain/Order of the Two Rivers (Military)

-General Service Medal

-1941 Revolt Medal (nut al Harkat Mais)

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Scott,

The writing on the reverse of your ribbon bar reads "Khiatah Bilqis" or Bilqis Tailors - if I remember my history correctly Builqis is the Arabic name of the Queen of Sheba!

Regards,

Owain

Thank you so much fir the translation Owain. I assumed that it was something along this line as it appears to be a stamp that is used multiple times on the backing. A notable officers name would have been nice, but I like it just the same. beer.gif Thank you again, Scott.

Lorenzo,

You describe the bars as British style - as a former British army officer I do not recognise this format - British ribbons are invariably mouted in a row and then sewn directly onto the tunic jacket and are not pinned on by brooch clips.

Regards,

Owain

Lorenzo,

You describe the bars as British style - as a former British army officer I do not recognise this format - British ribbons are invariably mouted in a row and then sewn directly onto the tunic jacket and are not pinned on by brooch clips.

Regards,

Owain

Good information I will keep that in mind, I was told by a fellow collector in Iraq the pin back was designed in England and Iraq continued to use it.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Lorenzo ,

Although the orders were sometimes of British manufacture they were also made in France and most of the medals were of Swiss manufacture so it is more than likely that the brooch bars are of European manufacture.

Regards, Owain

Lorenzo ,

Although the orders were sometimes of British manufacture they were also made in France and most of the medals were of Swiss manufacture so it is more than likely that the brooch bars are of European manufacture.

Regards, Owain

I think you have the wrong idea of what I was original saying, not the medals or the ribbons are from England I was saying the mounting system with pin.

Yes most of the medals for Iraq were manufactured by France, I was speaking of the metal bar behind the ribbons was a design from England.

Thank you so much for your help;)

Lorenzo

• 5 months later...
    • 9 years later...

A few of mine since we’re sharing. The first 2 used to be in my collection and the 3d is still. 
    1. Early pin back mounted kingdom era crossover. 

2. Nice custom mounted 9 place with snaps, the reverse has writing if I recall, maybe the maker or recipient. 

3. Custom 3 place likely theater made, crude assembly but I liked the rustic nature of it. 

9050C15B-E9FF-4FE4-8ECF-3F0C00CCA8EA.jpeg

FF6739F9-997B-4006-893C-EB5245409D8A.jpeg

C037198A-3B40-4A20-BB9D-3DD0F74DE06C.jpeg

And couple more that remain in my collection 

06518208-55AD-4061-AD9B-889C815CF557.jpeg