News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all collector friends,

Just bought this Luitpold cross for 40 year service :D And that´s about all I know about it ....

A civilian award for 40 ! Year loyal service , anyone got any more info about this award ? Is it common ?

I have a very low resistance against buying when I see unknown (to me ) Imeperail medals :rolleyes:

Christer

This must be a rare one :rolleyes: , I cant find anything about it and no one here seems to have info about it either. Since it was only awarded between 1911-1918 and for civil servants who had worked for 40 years :speechless1:

I suppose they had to start work in 1871-1878,just after the 1870 War.

I found a ribbon for it, but the seller is a well known medalbar faker. And I dont like to give him more money to destroy our collector community so I keep on searching :cheeky:

• 3 years later...

Here is the Luitpoldkreuz 40 Jahre im Staats- und Gemeindedienst that is in my collection. Maybe some of our German experts can add more info...

Google doesn't turn up very much. This is the best I found from a Google search - a dealer site: "The Cross was instituted by Prince Regent Luitpold on 24 February 1911 in association with his 90th birthday on 12 March 1911 for all those who had completed forty years in loyal and honourable service to Court, State, Church or Local Government (‘für alle Personen die im Hof-, Staats-, Kirchen- oder Gemeindedienst vierzig Jahre treu und ehrenvoll gedienst haben’)."

And a Google image of the ribbon:

103.jpg

It is a relatively scarce award, and sought after on medal bars, but they don't command the sort of money you'd expect. Still a nice piece.

The few on the internet dealers are "unreasonable" prices in my opinion. I picked this one up 6 years ago for the price of a couple Hefeweizens in Munich.