News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A potpourri of different German states (pre 1918) miniatures... :speechless1: (sorry for the out of the focus pictures.... maybe also the photo camera was impressed by this spectacle!)

post-199-066787600 1287305983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claudio

Thank you. Really amazing collection. If I have the opportunity to pick up one lot from the pictured stuff I'd go with the last post -> Bavarian LS awards. They are really cool, especially the one for 40 years. Never seen single one for sale.

Regards, Viliam.

Edited by avadski

My God, what a collection. Who is this guy?

He's probably started collecting in1920's and got most of the medals for 10 Reich Marks :)

I've just noticed that he got a Bänderkatalog there in fine condition. PDF copy of that would be nice to have.

Yeah... you're right Vince... and it is just the tip of the iceberg of his collection. I know him personally and was invited to his home and he showed me his huge collection (with focus on Bavaria). Incredible! Some of the pieces I saw again at Gunzenhausen, I remember very distinctly, like the King of Bulgaria's ribbon bar and some of the huge miniature chains with Golden orders.

There was more there in his war room in the basement than at the Bavarian Army Museum in Ingolstadt!

Ciao,

Claudio

He's probably started collecting in1920's and got most of the medals for 10 Reich Marks :)

I've just noticed that he got a Bänderkatalog there in fine condition. PDF copy of that would be nice to have.

He begun to collect in the 60ies, now he's mid 60.

C

I saw it too. To much for one day to look at, especially if you actually wanted to go to a show, not to an exhibition. ;)

This is one guy's stuff? I think I know whose, but thought it were from a hand full of people...

:speechless1: