News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

confuse in placing EK1, KVK1, and Spanish cross

kapten_windu,

As for the Spanish Cross, Speedytop has already answered the location of that. The location on the left side for the EKI and the KVK can vary with the individual soldier but basically the EKI would be worn above the KVKI as in the picture below.

Regards,

Gordon

post-1609-015208000 1291984080_thumb.jpg

kapten_windu,

There are two ways that you can get this information. Period photographs would help a lot. You wouldn't even have to buy the photographs. Just go to any auction site such as ebay.de and look at the photos available for sale. If you wanted to by the photographs to build up your library that would also be an option. There are not that many awards to be concerned about. Most are worn on the left side of the tunic. Only a few are worn on the right side. Or you could visit other web site such as Wehrmacht Awards Forum which has many sub forums dealing with the sort of information you are looking for. Books are also an option but considering your location it would be very expensive to ship them so I think that they are a last resort as you will not know the content until you get the book.

Regards,

Gordon

It looks as if there is space for a Warfare badge(IAB, Panzer, or Wound Badge) on there as well. Also, I notice that there is not a button hole ribbon for the KVKII. As you know, a KVKI awardee must have first a KVK2. Same goes for an EK1 and 2

I would love to see the rest of the tunic. What rank/Waffenfarbe is it?

Paul,

There was never a KVKII ribbon through the button hole in this tunic. He probably wore it on his ribbon bar. The waffenfarbe on this tunic is the light green of the Jaeger. The tunic belonged to a Hauptman in the 118th infantry regiment. One battalion of this regiment was given the tradition of wearing the Jaeger light green while the rest of the regiment wore the white of the infantry. If memory serves me right, the loops that are empty in the photo are only big enough for a wound badge. If you look at the WWI EKII ribbon you will see that the Spange for winning the EKII of 1939 is there. No ribbon was worn for the EKII 1939 if the EKII 1914 had been awarded.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

kapten_windu,

There are two ways that you can get this information. Period photographs would help a lot. You wouldn't even have to buy the photographs. Just go to any auction site such as ebay.de and look at the photos available for sale. If you wanted to by the photographs to build up your library that would also be an option. There are not that many awards to be concerned about. Most are worn on the left side of the tunic. Only a few are worn on the right side. Or you could visit other web site such as Wehrmacht Awards Forum which has many sub forums dealing with the sort of information you are looking for. Books are also an option but considering your location it would be very expensive to ship them so I think that they are a last resort as you will not know the content until you get the book.

Regards,

Gordon

thank you, Gordon.. :beer:

regards,

windu